Newcomer & happy

Hi all!

Just recently got my 7th gen t-sport Celica & I've been having a huge smile since!

Got quite a bit of rust on the sub frame, suspension components and slightly on the body, need to change the control arm bushings and a bit of touch up paint but otherwise engine is running strong as hell! It was the only car that was available in the colour and spec I wanted, so I'm prepared to put a bit more cash into her till she is restored!

Not Driving her yet, gotta sort out insurance once i'm 21 in September... Greenlight seems to be a good company as they don't increase premiums on things like a japspeed exhaust cause it makes little difference to the engine's original power. Any offers or tips would be fantastic!

Got Bilstein Shocks, 30mm lowering springs & a Japspeed backbox (Rez back).

Looking forward to the adventures & car meet in the future! M.C.elica5b68cfee34e0d_5b68ceb0203c6_20180805_1425461.thumb.jpg.1c7a6c08228e4b17046d722ca7103768(2)_LI.jpg.5d771f729c6ffda707af4828c0429096.jpg

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:50, M.C.elica said:

Hi all!

Just recently got my 7th gen t-sport Celica & I've been having a huge smile since!

Got quite a bit of rust on the sub frame, suspension components and slightly on the body, need to change the control arm bushings and a bit of touch up paint but otherwise engine is running strong as hell! It was the only car that was available in the colour and spec I wanted, so I'm prepared to put a bit more cash into her till she is restored!

Not Driving her yet, gotta sort out insurance once i'm 21 in September... Greenlight seems to be a good company as they don't increase premiums on things like a japspeed exhaust cause it makes little difference to the engine's original power. Any offers or tips would be fantastic!

Got Bilstein Shocks, 30mm lowering springs & a Japspeed backbox (Rez back).

Looking forward to the adventures & car meet in the future! M.C.elica5b68cfee34e0d_5b68ceb0203c6_20180805_1425461.thumb.jpg.1c7a6c08228e4b17046d722ca7103768(2)_LI.jpg.5d771f729c6ffda707af4828c0429096.jpg

That's all the mods my Celica had when I first got her as well.

Wonderful noise, feel and power. Good luck with the insurance though. Hope you live in a quiet friendly area :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great 

I've recently bought:

A meguiars headlamp restorer kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G2000-Perfect-Headlight-Restoration/dp/B00P9OF04I/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1535103666&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=meguirs+headlight+restorer+kit

and 

3M headlight restorer kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-39073-Restoration-Discoloured-Headlights/dp/B0078IHJ1K/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BCE4XH130JZKB48Y74HH

The very next day the hot spell was over and I don't have a garage. So I'm waiting to have time and weather to do it.  The 3m kit certainly has the best reviews but the meguiars comes with a clear coat UV protect and heat protection spray

Bit over kill but the intention was to do a before and after on each product so the rest of you could see the results. I've tried toothpaste !  In hind sight they are not that bad and I think I probably dont need the 3m kit but we will see.

OR 

You could use the advice from Chris Fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

Edited by tree

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm just redoing the entire undercarriage to rustproof it and the headlights just need waxing cause this photo is right after I bought it.

Been quoted with my dad as a named driver (Me as main) for around £900 from admiral with the mods declared, I will however need to get the car insured before my birthday because my time schedule... Is it possible to get insurance quotes based on my age and ncb on the day I plan on getting insured(Want to get quotes now but will plan to get the car insured right after my birthday where I turn 21 as well as 4 years ncb)?? If that was possible, it would be fantastic but otherwise I might just prep to insure it before my birthday. If anyone could give me a rough estimate that would be fantastic!

U could save well over 100 quid if u insure 3 weeks early. I used compare the market and found that if u do last minute insurance you pay a lot more than if u do it in advance and set a start date of 3 weeks or so later.

Also check out greenlight for insurance i think they give club discount.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.