Like an expectant father !

L 975 EPB (my baby) has gone in today for "the works". She's having a full respray in the same, original colour, with any rust removal and dent correction. She's being rust protected underneath. She'll also be getting a full service with all fluids and filters being changed. I'm also having a full inspection of the suspension bits and pieces.

I can't be too precious about not having her around for three or four weeks because we are off to Skiathos for a fortnight on Friday. They have promised to take lots of pics so that I can follow progress whilst drinking lots of Mythos in the sun B)

Can't wait to see her in "as new" condition again.

• Like 3

L 975 EPB (my baby) has gone in today for "the works". She's having a full respray in the same, original colour, with any rust removal and dent correction. She's being rust protected underneath. She'll also be getting a full service with all fluids and filters being changed. I'm also having a full inspection of the suspension bits and pieces.
I can't be too precious about not having her around for three or four weeks because we are off to Skiathos for a fortnight on Friday. They have promised to take lots of pics so that I can follow progress whilst drinking lots of Mythos in the sun B)

Can't wait to see her in "as new" condition again.

Sounds fantastic, is it going to be a windows out job ?

Thanks GT-4grey and Chris. Yes I'm nervous but expectant. The guys that are doing the work for me actually have E-type Jag #2 in being reborn from the ground up and she's looking amazing :o

My original three spoke wheels are also getting the treatment and the original side repeaters and indicators are going back on. She's gonna look original and mint when she's done  :thumbsup:

Thanks GT-4grey and Chris. Yes I'm nervous but expectant. The guys that are doing the work for me actually have E-type Jag #2 in being reborn from the ground up and she's looking amazing [emoji33]

My original three spoke wheels are also getting the treatment and the original side repeaters and indicators are going back on. She's gonna look original and mint when she's done  :thumbsup:

Can’t wait to see the finished article, post pics if you can.

12 minutes ago, Gt-4grey said:

Can’t wait to see the finished article, post pics if you can.

Don't worry! There'll be pics galore when she's done  :lol:

I've told Ryan that I insist on lots of pics of progress so that I can still be in touch whilst away swigging copious quantities of Greek Nectar in the sun  :blink:

Don't worry! There'll be pics galore when she's done  :lol:
I've told Ryan that I insist on lots of pics of progress so that I can still be in touch whilst away swigging copious quantities of Greek Nectar in the sun  :blink:

Had many a interesting evening in Greece drinking the local Ouzo [emoji21][emoji485]
  • Like 1

I admire your commitment to restore the GT to such a high standard, hope it all achieves a really fantastic result.

Professional restoration work is far more exciting and worthwhile than anything customising has to offer [ IMO:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the photos!

Who is doing the work?

Debs

Also decided to go for the Ceramic coating after the respray. Got it on my Hyundai and it's worth every penny/pound. A proper shine that looks better than cars sitting in a showroom :o

They've been in touch today to ask permission to take her as an exhibit on their stand at the Oswestry Classic show. That's before they've even started working on her. They reckon she'd be a talking point. I've said yes of course even though I won't be in the country to be there myself but I'll see the pics ;)

Edited by meirion

• 1 month later...

No news yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan and the team have had BIG problems. His painter has been off work due to "family issues" for several weeks and they now have a big back-log of work to get done. I'm not taking her anywhere else because I want this team to do the work for me. I'm missing her a lot and have lost out on all the good weather but it's not a disaster in the real World. Probably will be getting her back looking wonderful by mid September, that's life eh...   :blink:

That really sucks! I've just read this thread and thankfully haven't had to wait as long as you to get to now on finding out about your delays! :lol:
I know how you feel, but hang in there! It WILL be worth it in the end. When I saw my paint job for the first time in pictures after waiting over a year, it made the wait feel more than worth it.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics of this too, I really like that colour. Is the ceramic coating that tougher top layer coating that can withstand more than the usual lacquer? Will you also be getting all the subframe components refurbed too?

The ceramic coating is a really tough top-coat that gives a brilliantly deep shine. Everything underneath is getting a good inspection and anything looking suspect will be changed out. Underneath will then be corrosion protected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.