2zz vs ep3

2zz vs ep3  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Hey all. So this is just a bit of fun that me and my mate is doing, we are going to do a power run and then a drag strip and i was just wondering if anyone would have any idea of who will win?  I have the 2zz (obviously) and mods are japspeed axle back exhaust (so nothing really) and a aem induction kit (not the short version). and thats it (for now) My mate has everything standard (other then suspension). on the drag run though he will be adding the tegiwa carbon airbox enlarged inlet and remap. 

• 2zz power run and drag
    • ep3 power run and drag
    • 2zz power run, ep3 drag
    • ep3 power run, 2zz drag

Hey all. So this is just a bit of fun that me and my mate is doing, we are going to do a power run and then a drag strip and i was just wondering if anyone would have any idea of who will win? 

I have the 2zz (obviously) and mods are japspeed axle back exhaust (so nothing really) and a aem induction kit (not the short version). and thats it (for now)

My mate has everything standard (other then suspension). on the drag run though he will be adding the tegiwa carbon airbox enlarged inlet and remap. 

Valve adjustment is part of the servicing on the EP. 

Unfortunatly the to have a 2zz actually make 190hp is rare, have a look at the dyne print outs in the sticky. 

With those mods mods on an ep with a decat he could be around 230-230hp

i think that we can all agree on :lol:. i personally think that the power run the celica will lose but the drag run im thinking i may have it, i have had a couple of type r's race me on legally of course ;) and it was close. 

Having owned both it would be much closer than you think in a straight up drag as both have identical power to weight ratios.

I'd say it would be down to driver skill levels TBH, off the line clutch control, reaction time, gear changes etc...if both standard that is. Comparing modded cars is just pointless!

Power runs are pointless as well, as the ep3 comes with more power from factory and your 2zz is standard so save your money there straight away.

Have a look here in Zeperfs...

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel175-369.htm

Edited by JB21

I agree with pointless other then the fact we both want to know the difference in power to real world effects. Plus we will both be going for either super or turbo charge at some point (well I will be) so it would be nice to see how much I have gained. I forgot to mention his car is on 166k miles.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Really??? The last car I owned was a rx8 so you can't really get much better then that but the celica feels loose on corners although it is the best fwd car I have driven (now I have fitted 25mm spacers). I thought the type r was built to be on tracks mean while this was built to appeal to the younger generation aka me lol. And he has a great suspension set up on his at the moment and mine just has worn springs and dampers lol.

https://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=77000 civic specs 

https://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=77000 celica specs

the quarter mile is interesting especially as i think the celica one is done on prediction and the power to weight ratio is very close

18 minutes ago, CelicaDan94 said:

Really??? The last car I owned was a rx8 so you can't really get much better then that but the celica feels loose on corners although it is the best fwd car I have driven (now I have fitted 25mm spacers). I thought the type r was built to be on tracks mean while this was built to appeal to the younger generation aka me lol. And he has a great suspension set up on his at the moment and mine just has worn springs and dampers lol.

You think a 190 is loose, try peddling a Mazda 6MPS around corners. Its a feckin barge! Had a tussle with a fully modded RX8 at 3 sisters a few years back, god it was hard work, lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CelicaDan94 said:

im impressed with that. I blame the rex driver :lol:. he didnt have the minerals :lol: 

Yeah really poor lines, you could see just how much better the RX was in the bends he just wasn't getting the best out of it. I went through 2 brand new Goodyear eagle F1's trying to keep up in that session, lol,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.