Master Cylinder Upgrade/ Soft Brake Pedal Advice.

Hello Everyone!

I know there are already many threads on the soft spongy brake pedal the gen 7's seem to have, but I was just wondering if there was a bolt on master cylinder upgrade anyone knew of for the 7's?

The reason I ask is...

I have currently just done a bit of a brake overhaul, by no means BBK, but i was at least hoping for a little improvement without spending ££££'s.

The following has been changed

• Avensis front brake upgrade
  • HEL braided lines all round
  • Brake fluid system fully flushed with ATE 200 (No air trapped, bled the system twice over)
  • MTEC Grooved disks all round
  • Black Diamond predator pads all around
  • All calipers stripped, cleaned and lubricated.

The brakes now bite really well with much more braking force, but the pedal still has that spongy feeling. 

Does anyone have any advice on how i can improve this without going down the Brembo route? 

Thanks for reading :) 

Going down the BBk road will leave you with the same problem you'll still be using the same master cly. My son fitted Avensis and got the improvement but had to try to better it by going for Willwoods massive disk with huge 6 pot calipers and found the benefits were out weighed by the drawbacks. They are no better till they're warmed up which takes age's and short journeys or town driving means that an't going to happen best suited to track days etc and the little std master cly won't move enough fluid so 2/3rds of the peddle travel is used up before they start to bite but when they do they bite like a bitch. Try fitting a brake stopper to prevent flexing of the master cly and the bulk head you will be surprised how much movement there is get a helper to work the peddle while you watch the master cly and you will see what I mean.     

• Like 1

Having driven Gen 7s with brand new standard pads and discs, Wilwood BBK with fast road pads, and TRD BBK with fast road pads... the TRD kit is the only one that has had significant improvement in terms of pedal feel. Bloody expensive however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.