Petrol prices :(

Anyone noticing the petrol prices shooting up?

I always put vpower in my celica, however I'm seriously reconsidering, it gone from £1.25 to £1.27, then last week I paid £1.30 and today its £1.32.9.

I know the margins are small in the last view increases, however its the principle, does anyone use normal unleaded in there vvtli's? does the car run fine and smooth?

I've always stuck with vpower just because my car runs smoother on it

Anyway, just having a bit of a rant

Darren

11 minutes ago, GTDAZ said:

Anyone noticing the petrol prices shooting up?

I always put vpower in my celica, however I'm seriously reconsidering, it gone from £1.25 to £1.27, then last week I paid £1.30 and today its £1.32.9.

I know the margins are small in the last view increases, however its the principle, does anyone use normal unleaded in there vvtli's? does the car run fine and smooth?

I've always stuck with vpower just because my car runs smoother on it

Anyway, just having a bit of a rant

Darren

Dude Ive noticed the prices shooting up here too, even in Asda.

Im still using my old daily which is the TDI Fabia until my Celica is finished and even the diesel is up to 1.25 and up to 1.29 in places, even Tesco diesel is rightly up here at the moment.

One Maxol garage has the diesel as 1.32 and petrol 1.34.

What the biscuit man. 

10 minutes ago, G.Lewarne said:

Will run fine on basic fuel

:thumbs:, I used to run on regular along time ago and I always thought it was sluggish, maybe its all in my head :)

I don't look at petrol price tbh, I just stick 25 or whatever amount in. But then I do use V POWER every time because of the cleaning addititives in it 

50 minutes ago, SpaceCowboys83 said:

Mines a 140 so whats the best to put in her?. I get her back in a couple of weeks, then bye bye Fabia and hello Celica. 

From my experience:

Shell regular and Sainsburys regular: mine likes these the best. Not much difference between them, although Shell may just take the lead. I seem to get a tiny "kick" when putting my foot down with Shell.

BP Ultimate, Tesco 99, and Sainsburys super unleaded: mine runs great on all of these. No "kick" though, and they don't last as long as the regular fuels.

Shell V-Power and BP regular: mine gets down V-Power like there's no tomorrow, plus I don't get the kick like the Regular Shell fuel. I do put the odd tank in for the cleaning additives though. When I put BP normal fuel in, my idle went down all of a sudden for a few seconds, to the point where the car sounded like it was going to cut out. Put Shell back in after and it ran like a dream again. 

I can't comment on them myself, but some have said avoid Asda and Morrisons fuel. Many have said Asda fuel makes their cars run like crap (Celicas and non-Celicas).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal670 said:

From my experience:

Shell regular and Sainsburys regular: mine likes these the best. Not much difference between them, although Shell may just take the lead. I seem to get a tiny "kick" when putting my foot down with Shell.

BP Ultimate, Tesco 99, and Sainsburys super unleaded: mine runs great on all of these. No "kick" though, and they don't last as long as the regular fuels.

Shell V-Power and BP regular: mine gets down V-Power like there's no tomorrow, plus I don't get the kick like the Regular Shell fuel. I do put the odd tank in for the cleaning additives though. When I put BP normal fuel in, my idle went down all of a sudden for a few seconds, to the point where the car sounded like it was going to cut out. Put Shell back in after and it ran like a dream again. 

I can't comment on them myself, but some have said avoid Asda and Morrisons fuel. Many have said Asda fuel makes their cars run like crap (Celicas and non-Celicas).  

I dont have any Shell garages for miles and miles. We have a BP, TOPAZ, Texaco, ASDA and Tescos. 

I use Asda for the Fabia, I usually use BP Ultimate of the MR2 but then she only gets filled up several times a year as she's a summer car only. 

I used TOPAZ once on the MR2 didnt notice that much difference, but she does like the BP Ultimate better. So maybe stick with that and regular.

Not filled up on petrol for a couple of weeks so looks like it'll be fun next time I need to fill up :(

So glad I can run the daily on biodiesel 99p/ltr so not at the filling station as much anymore to watch the price increases.

I've also noticed prices going up, I have a diesel for a daily but I do around 1600 - 2000 miles a month, so any kind of price hike I tend to notice straight away :(

I actually need to fill up the celica tonight, I've always used V Power but with prices going up I keep thinking of going to the dark side...Tesco Momentum!

Edited by CelicaTom92

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.