Gen 7 GT Transmission fluid change

I’m changing the transmission fluid tonight and I know where everything is in terms of drain and fill hole but is it ok to drain and then fill while the cars on axle stands at the front only. I know it might not be as effective as it being perfectly flat but is it “ok” and acceptable to do it like that. I’ve got a funnel and some hose and will feed the hose down to the fill hole from the engine bay and then fill from there until the fluid just starts to seep from the fill hole. Just after some confirmation that it’ll be ok on the stands if anyone knows..? Cheers in advance. 

Ah brill cheers! Yeh I’ve had the filler plug loose last night before realising I only had a deep 24mm socket for the drain plug or one of the multipoint types which I’m not keen on using incase it rounds it off so postponed until this evening when I pick up a standard 6 sided 24mm socket for the job. Cheers for the reply. 

Edited by MrFLORY

I left the drain plug open and filled in some cheapo brand gear oil to rinse out the box a bit.

190 needs 2.3litres so if u buy 3litres you can put through half a litre or so as a rinse.

Mine dragged out some dirty oil when i rinsed it like that

Yeh good shout I did let a little run through before sealing up the drain plug to get any residual gunk out and then I filled her back up with the Redline MT-90. I took it for a drive to town and along a bypass near mine, it’s made a noticeable difference. 82000 on the clock. Definitely worth doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.