I'm locked out of my car... HELP

Hello all. I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I parked my Gen 7 in my garage for the winter with plans to start it every week. As it does, life got in the way. Now the battery is flat and I'm locked out of my car. I press the button and nothing happens. I have replaced the battery in the key. I can't unlock with the key as all three locks seem to have seized (Can't turn them with the key and the blade is starting to bend).  Because I can't open the car, I can't pop the bonnet to jump start. I'm starting to get concerned as there is work I need to do to it to get it ready for my wedding In July.

HELP

if you get really stuck - smash one of the door glasses - I have them for £10 , dont break the small quarter glass

but would put oil on the key and then push it in and out lots of times - adding oil each time - that usually frees them off

I’ve a

ways been warned not to use WD40for this.  Get a can of the proper lock spray.  The locks on my Trooper had ceased up completely a few weeks ago through lack of use, and a couple of squirts got them sorted out.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I have had no luck with the car. I have tried penetrative fluid on all the locks but no success. I have had the car up in the air to try and find the bonnet release but again no luck. I am about ready to put the window through. I am thinking of putting tape on the window to try and stop the glass from going everywhere, what do you guys think?

Ams. I think I will take a driver's side window.

I am thinking of replacing the bonnet catch with lockable aerocatches so I can gain access from outside.

Force out the top of the windows with these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Winbag-Pump-Up-Air-Tool-Single-Shim-Wedge-Bag-For-Fitting-Door-Windows-Frames/190690701488?epid=509236168&hash=item2c660d30b0:g:QogAAOxy-WxTBMQ9

Then use brake pipe to hook around the internal door handles to open the doors.

If the glass breaks at least you were prepared to do that anyway.

7 hours ago, Old Red Celica said:

Force out the top of the windows with these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Winbag-Pump-Up-Air-Tool-Single-Shim-Wedge-Bag-For-Fitting-Door-Windows-Frames/190690701488?epid=509236168&hash=item2c660d30b0:g:QogAAOxy-WxTBMQ9

Then use brake pipe to hook around the internal door handles to open the doors.

If the glass breaks at least you were prepared to do that anyway.

The way the inside  lock is on the Celica it's very hard to push with something from the outside. You have to open the lock before pulling the handle 

id be careful about using the airbag to push the window out as I think it would bend the regulator - but the gen7 window regulators are dirt cheap as well anyway.

use normal oil and dip the key in it and then run it in and out of the lock, dip again and repeat, each time try the lock both ways. I would try this for about an hour.

the bonnet release runs under the drivers side wheel arch.you will need to remove the plastic arch liner. But to open it you will need to cut the outer cover so that you can pull on the cable inside. You will then need to replace the cable. It's the same setup as bicycle brake cables. 

Keep trying the lock the way I said above  - just gentle though - be patient it will work. 

3 hours ago, The_Stig77 said:

Is it common for all three locks to seize at the same time or is it linked to my dead battery?

Yes because people dont use the locks because they always use the fob - the cars are now 12-18 years old

I usually find the drivers lock is ok but the other 2 can be seized. The other thing is that if your key will have worn to your barrel over time - but your lock wont have had the same wear.

If you keep a lot of keys on the bunch (or keyrings) it slowly wears the key and barrel away - as it constantly swings with weight on it as you drive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.