Write Off Valuation

What's the story and valuation of it Tiddles, not that experienced in this recently but didn't it use to be argue the toss and negotiate with them on their valuation of it eg FSH, any pictures/condition, bills, ccuk membership etc similar car ads, and hopefully accept their 3rd elevated offer?

Thats right,you have to justify it by maybe finding similar cars for sale to show your car is worth more .you will only be insured up to market value,therefore the first offer you get will be likely the lowest example price for a similar condition car

We had a similar experience with Co-op insurance years ago . I was rammed off the road by a lorry , so no fault on my behalf.We had bought the car 3 months earlier for £1300 , full service hist , low miles etc etc . Some young guy turned up to value car . When I asked if he wanted to see service history,he said no it won't make ant difference . Was offered £ 500 .Tried to argue the point re similar car etc and was told get independant valuation at your own cost  (£250) but the offer may then be reduced . Not happy needless to say never insured with them again.GRRR still smarts

If when checking on eBay you find similar cars to your own, SELLING for more than the settlement figure offered, then "dig your heels in" and insist on a higher figure.

Remember, the Ins. Co. will be aware of the selling figure, not the asking price of cars for sale.

In future, ask how much the difference in premium for "Agreed Value" cover, that way you will have a valuation in writing. I have had my Gen 7 insured with Greenlight for the last few years, and the extra cover is something like £30 a year.

You may already have checked these sites out..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&ei=kK2fWsWVK6mPgAb9zo_gDQ&q=dispute+insurance+car+settlement&oq=dispute+insurance+car+settlement&gs_l=psy-ab.12..35i39k1j0i8i30k1.484926.485514.0.488552.2.2.0.0.0.0.469.596.0j1j4-1.2.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.595...0i8i13i30k1.0.GGCnyyxXj3c

The car is a 02 Gen 7 but I had a 06 engine with only 25k on it put in to it.

Before the accident the car was immaculate inside and out with a full service history from new and I am only the second owner.

• 1 month later...
On 06/03/2018 at 23:41, Tiddles said:

Can an insurance company force me to accept the wright off valuation of my car?

They have made an insulting offer and I am disputing it. 

Service history would defiantly make it worth more, as previous comments greenlight are one if the best insures around, I sure you with all mods covered, extras such as third party cover on other vehicles which are fully insured by another personable when I wrote my car off I was offered £2220 for my import with over 150,000 miles, it did have mods which put the price up but was able to buy it back for about £460 to reclaim most of the mods that were not damaged 

• 2 weeks later...

You can argue and usually their third offer will be the final. When I wrote off my first Gen 7 four years ago I paid £2000 and was offered £1500 but managed to argue it up to £1600 and then £1800. Probably too late now but you should have had the option to buy it back from insurance for around 15% of the write off value and take the parts off that you need. In your case that might have been worth doing for the engine but stripping and selling parts is a lot of work

• Sherv changed the title to Write Off Valuation

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.