Red or Orange Gen1 Celica

DJDannyDee

Red or Orange  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Red or Orange

I need some opinions please. I'm kind of 50/50 on it. 

My RA23 Gen1 Celica is at the restoration phase, and a colour for the car needs to be decided upon. 

The car was originally the Toyota washed out Orange that I was never a fan of because I thought it was just a little too pale. The car was resprayed at one point and is now Red. 

I've narrowed it down to two colours, a slightly more vibrant red than it is now or a Mopar/General Lee type orange that stands out. 

Which do you prefer, and please feel free to share your opinions. 

IMG_7732.thumb.JPG.449264c036b0300076e9d6f17e79efa3.JPG

IMG_8281.thumb.JPG.f563b121bafad2c67593becbab1f912e.JPG

You know what..I've always been an advocate of red cars.B)But done right orange looks pretty awesome,so I've gone for that ,the pic you put up looks pretty legendary so yeah get the Jaffa paint code on 

20 hours ago, 99GT said:

I've got an original paint chip book for the 1972 / 1973 ish toyota range with codes if you want to go for an original toyota colour. 

But out of the two above colours I like the orange

What code do you think that shade of red is? 

6 hours ago, trophytr5 said:

If it's to be a worthwhile restoration, do it in the original colour

I would, but the original orange wasn't very nice in my opionion. 

my ta22 when I stripped all the paint off - had about 20 layers of paint - from memory - it was black - primer - matt black - primer - blue - red - yellow - and a few more primers in between - I used a fair few gallons of starchem to get it all of. I painted it thunder grey - but when it gets painted again I think I will go to the original yellow. Wont take as long to strip it back this time...

anyway I would go with the original colour, although it does look nice in red

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.