Hose pipe recommendations

Bit more of an unusual question for everyone.

I prefer to wash my cars myself, and my only suitable tap for connection is in my back garden, which I then have to route through the house to the front.  All this is fine, but I'm fed up of hoses suddenly bursting in my kitchen and front room causing a right mess.

Ive narrowed my choices down to either a Hozelock or Karcher brand hose-on-a-reel.   Which is the more sturdy and resistant to bursting, but can take the twists and turns and remain flexible?

I find Hozelock spot on for the main hose, believe it is dual layered, can't comment on the Karcher other than the pressure washer.

I hope I haven't just cursed mine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had a Hozelok reel for a very long time and it's only now got one pinhole in it.

Although it doesn't seem to be a very popular method, for years, I've been using one of those brushes that you place a small stick of soap inside and attach the the end of the hose as my "first line of attack". Only problem is that you need get the flow rate just right or the soap just gets blasted away too quick. I've got a pressure washer but never liked it on the cars.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.