2ZZ-GE celica or corolla engine in my car

gary390

Ok so here goes...,i bought my 2005 Celica GT about 18mths ago,when i was speaking with the seller he told me that he had fitted another engine as the old one broke,(he bought it as a non runner & fitted the replacement engine)....,the thing is,he told me he had replaced it with the 2ZZ-GE engine out of a Corolla,having never owned ANY Toyota previously i questioned if it was the same engine as in the Celica & he told me pretty much was.It had the big plastic valve/rocker case cover with VVTL-ii stamped on it which the Corolla has,as opposed to the smaller one which is on the Celica,but other than that i cant tell a Corolla 2ZZ-ge from a Celica one if it jumped up and bit me on the nose.

can anyone tell me a definite way of telling which engine i have,i know its definitely the 2ZZ-ge,i just dont know from which car!!!

im doing some major repairs to it soon & need to know for when i order parts & also for when i buy the repair manual.When i go on Euro Car Parts or any other parts site & enter my reg it obviously brings up a Celica,but thats no good to me if its out of a Corolla.

any help would really be appreciated.

Gary

gary , this is the 2zzge (my custom look one :)

one thing i cant understand is why the guy put in a new engine in a 2005 GT, these were the last celicas that also had the same engine as mine in them but other cosmetic differences on the car ie wheels, lowered suspension ,large TRD wing,skirts etc with a 2zge 190 engine in them..

16903146_10211797754921066_5577666383541263980_o.thumb.jpg.2cd8d7f32f28b0e97d7b7d333b4e234d.jpg

Edited by celica1977

if its been fitted properly - the bits that are different should have been swapped over (inlet manifold, water pipe on front and a couple of other things)

Oil cap on the corolla is a round one (like a Facelift 140) rather than a knobly one as well but that could have been swapped over as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.