Moving overseas, any pre-sale advice?

Dog Biscuit

Looks like I'm working in Canada from the end of October so my 03 T Sport will need to go, which is a huge shame as it's been a blinder in the short time I've had it.

Does anyone have any recent experience with using our sales forum, Autotrader, local papers or eBay with any words of wisdom?

Thanks for the advice, I think will. Most likely first week of October and hoping it can sell within the month.

If you price it correctly it should sell. I sold my TS last month to a club member in 48 hours from advertising.

Thanks for the further thoughts, I appreciate it. There's nothing unusual about the car: bog standard daily-driver 2003 T Sport in black, 105k. I'll apply to remove my personal plate in the next couple of days and then decide on my timings to advertise on here from then on. 

On a side note, I've been looking at picking up a gen 7 when in Calgary as a way to get myself mobile cheaply, but the used car prices are higher than here and they are a modders dream (along with the Acura RSX Type S).

They did two models: GT (140bhp) and GT-S (180 bhp, not 190, redline is lower too). Given that I don't drive my T Sport like a nutter (rarely if ever hit 'lift' given the local roads), I'm tempted to consider the 140 bhp model. I've enjoyed my car immensely, which was only ever intended to be a short term replacement for my Z4, but it handles well and the driving position is one of the best I've had - and this is from a guy who has owned brand new Evo VI, S2000, ITR, Fiat Coupe Turbo, WRX over the years etc.

Would be interesting to hear how different a daily driver would be for a 140 vs a 180/190. Think I read that the pre 02 140s had oil issues?

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread of mine as I'm now only 3-5 weeks from moving overseas. 

What I don't want to do is put the T Sport in the For Sale ads as I haven't got a final date, but I'd be happy to answer any questions until I do. 

Perhaps unlikely, but I'd like to keep the car until my final week and sell it quickly from then on. 

Your advice is always welcome. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.