Avensis Brake Upgrade

I was due to replace my front pads & discs and after seeing the brake upgrade option I thought I'd go for it. I found a set of Avensis 295 calipers on ebay for £30, they were in a bit of a mess but I was planning on stripping and rebuilding them so I bought them along with a new seal kit.

DSC_1095_zpsfp1z6gsw.jpg

Stripped down and looking a bit sorry for themselves

DSC_1109_zpst43xzdwu.jpg

The box my daughters new bike came in made a handy stand for painting the bolts lol

DSC_1113_zpsvri4rngd.jpg

Power coating done and new seals fitted

DSC_1117_zpsxxemplka.jpg

Quite a size difference between stock and upgrade

DSC_1116_zpsydcel2mh.jpg

Old...

DSC_1118_zpslulvpn4r.jpg

DSC_1121_zpsmc978nz6.jpg

DSC_1119_zpsxmf4gnlf.jpg

New :)

I wasn't bother about drilled or grooved discs so I kept the overall cost down by getting the pads & discs from eurocarparts and using a discount code. To stop the discs rusting I put four coats of Hycotes high temp engine lacquer on them, let them cure for a day then when they were fitted took a slow drive to let the pads mate to the discs the same way you would with the black mtec discs.

• Like 1

Nice one Jonny :clap:

I chickened out and got them re manufactured @ 50 a side so I didn't chip my manicure :gay:

They don't turn the car into a bonkers BBK servo monster , but they do bite a fraction sooner and stop quicker with less effort imho. How about yours?

post-40822-0-64662800-1464179714_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments :)

They took a few miles to cut through the lacquer and bed in but they're working great now. I work in North Yorkshire so my drive to work covers a lot of country roads, the car definitely stops a lot better now without it being too intrusive. I got the brakes seals on ebay from brakeparts.co.uk, a few people have said they're no good but the seal kit was spot on, after getting the calipers back from the powder coaters I had them put back together and installed within a couple of hours.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.