Doing my wheels again.

McG

Hi: I recently had a go at painting my wheels. I was pleased with them initially but now i think they look more grey and i quiet fancy having more of a silver shine. Does anybody have any ideas around which silver spray paint to buy that gives a proper silver finish? Probably going to Halfors later so any suggestions are really welcome.

Hoping to start the process again tomorrow, properly this time as i never used primer previously and it was a bit of a rushed first attempt. Cheers

I used laquer the last time m8, it was quite a good finish but could have been better preped. But the alloy colour wheel paint just seems a bit grey. I thought i read somewhere that an Audi silver or something similar was a good choice for a truer silver finish. I cant find it again though, anyway cheers for the reply. Any suggestions folks?

I went with audi silver, but trying my spare. I think I will go with powder coating depending on how the spare turns out.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I will drop the car off on Thursday and pick it back up on Friday. I have read some good reviews so it's going to "glentyan alloys". I'm hoping they can show me some examples of there work so i can choose a suitable silver finish.

When i bought the car it had black/gun metal grey wolfrace alloys, i had them straight off and bought 6 spoke toyota alloys from Aims, now nearly a year later its time to get them refurbed properly.

Ask them if they have Dutch Silver in the powdercoating bud. That's what I got on mine & it's super bright! BTW £168 for four is a good price. Mine were £210 but that was me leaving the tyres on

• Like 1

look them up on Facebook Mick, i will post before and after pics and give a wee review on Friday evening when i get the car back.

I had a look m8 , their reviews/work look good and there quite local , look forward to seeing yours :thumbs:

DSC_0497_zpsgfkce2hn.jpg

After

DSC_0490_zpsqi7udfkf.jpg

Before

I'm really pleased with the wheels now, also i would use Glentayan Alloys again, really friendly and at £168 for four wheels a bargain. That's just a powdercoat finish, to be coated and painted i think it was 220 or 240 i preferred the powdercoat finish :D

Edited by McG
  • Like 1

Now waiting on centre cap transfers arriving from China, i really like the pen art style of centre cap decal, but they seem to be non existent to buy. I went for the Toyota emblem in silver

we'll see what there like when they arrive.

The centre cap transfers arrived yesterday. Only problem is they are a solid disc, with the centre caps having a dome on them it doesn't sit flush. I thought they were just a transfer and not solid. Anyway now i'm looking at trying to flatten the caps so the discs sit flush. Or does anybody have any other ideas before i go and start messing around with the centre caps (and probably ruin them). i will add a pick of how 1 looks at the minute.

heres a pic DSC_0503_zpseue8sjbz.jpg

pic 2 DSC_0501_zpsfza4wsku.jpg

I was hoping to have the wheels finished today, now i'm thinking rubbing down the caps or glueing the edges down. Ah well any thoughts folks.

Edited by McG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.