Subwoofer wire choice

Jev

In my opinion, RCA or phono leads hands down. You can control the output level much easier on the fly and if your head unit has the capability (high pass filter), filter the bass frequencies from the door speakers so they don't distort at higher volumes.

• Like 1

In my opinion, RCA or phono leads hands down. You can control the output level much easier on the fly and if your head unit has the capability (high pass filter), filter the bass frequencies from the door speakers so they don't distort at higher volumes.

RCA it will be then (as I already routed the wires) but wasn't sure which would give the best results. I can adjust cut off on the head unit and also via a remote control on the small Alpine sub I have bought - will have to play around with settings to get the right result I think. Will probably replace the door speakers before trying to fine tune it.... any recommendations for 6.5" and tweeter with passive cross over for less than £80?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.