Car transporters ?

Steve74

Morning all been a while since I've posted much but i'm after some information or some guidance , I'm looking to buy my old Celica back from the previous seller as he no longer uses the car and was wondering whats the best way to get it back up to York from Peterborough.

Sadly there is not Mot on the car as its not been used in since 2014 and the vehicle is SORN so need advice on transporters , is it worth getting someone else to pick it up or is better to hire a transporter and do it yourself.

any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Cheapest option is to go onto shiply and get a quote on there, but dont go for the cheapest quote - go through the feedback

I have a couple of guys I use who are very good but might be a bit more than shiply as they are based out of Birmingham

• Like 1

http://www.transporterhire.co.uk/

A friend of mine has used this company and they seem pretty good.

Cost is £105 for 24 hour rental. You get 259 miles allowance and then 12p per mile thereafter.

If the car is a distance away, it may be worth considering.

There are various depots you can use. He used the one in Bradford.

Hope this helps.

Short distance - which Peterborough to York is, it will not pay to hire something to move it yourself. As Ams said, shipley - but wait for a day or two, the quotes will get a lot cheaper as they see you rejecting quotes.

The deposit you pay is the shiply commission - about 25%, so ask them for a card, so you can contact them directly next time - for a 25% cheaper quote.

Guest Ambermile

Does it drive OK? Would it pass an MOT? If two yeses, book an MOT at your local garage/MOT station :D

Insure it first though :o

PS - whilst this would be technically legal, I'm not seriously advising this ...

Edited by Ambermile

ive done an application on shiply and some good quotes coming back so just seeing for now cars not currently road worthy but looking to perhaps sort it once up here plus remove the goodies for the other 2 celicas we have already

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.