Pulsing

Jennyw

Hi,

Has anyone experienced or can tell me if their car pulses when you first start the engine. She is a Gen 6 1998 GT and has regular servicing done. Be grateful if some one could advise.

Jennyw

Hi, do you mean it 'hunts' when its ticking over,ie not constant but revs go up and down.If so does it do it when its warmed up as well?First thing to do in any case is to have a really close look at all your vacuum pipes ,and check the large ribbed pipe from the throttle body to the air filter ,just to make sure theres no cracks/splits and you can rule out air leaks before anything else.

It's nothing serious, mine has been doing it since 2003 and it still runs fine.

I've got a '98 GT and every year about this time for about 30 secs to a minute after starting the tickover hunts up and down. It's only from cold and stops as the engine warms up. I've always assumed it was to do with temperature and something in the idle control sticking but it's never bugged me enough to try and fix it.

Hi

According to my husband the engine should not hunt. Even after she has been warmed up, if restarted will hunt for a while. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I will try them out.

Regards,

Jennyw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.