Leaving heat shield off for a few days

Hey hey hey

Is it OK to leave the heatshield off my GT4 for a few days while I get it painted up a little bit? I've got it off and I haven't got time to paint it up today and I need to put the charge cooler back on so I can use the car tomorrow.

Stove paint is good for the manifold, I done mine, turbo and downpipe in Simonez high-temp 800° stuff in a rattle can. 70 km later and still looking good, sat now from November so still looks good lmfao :)

Hmm OK. That'll be on my list then. That and new gaskets of course. So you got your heatshield left off too?

And you mean 7000 miles? Cause 70km don't sound much since November. But then 7000 miles sounds a lot since November. Lol

Need to try and find a local shop that is open on Sunday's that will sell heat proof paint. Heat proof enough for engine and calipers.

Planning on taking the calipers off tomorrow to paint them.

Edited by scorps1212

The best hi temp paint I've found is the PJ1 range. Goes on easy straight to metal and leaves a lovely factory looking finish. Not many stockists now tho so get mine off eBay. It's brilliant stuff for engine bay brackets and stuff. Will be doing some of mine in next few days

No mate 70km :( that's all's on the new hybrid too as it popped a ring/piston 70km after painting and fitting it :)

My local factors have black, silver and chrome in the rattle cans

Will take some pics tomorrow as its back home for a while now :)

Halfords do caliper or vht paint but there expensive compared to ebay or other shops!!

I've just reserved some high temp engine paint in red for the calipers and a paint brush. Lol. Paint was only £8 and brush £2. As for paint for colouring up the engine bay, I'll get them in a spray can and get them blue and black

No mate 70km :( that's all's on the new hybrid too as it popped a ring/piston 70km after painting and fitting it :)

My local factors have black, silver and chrome in the rattle cans

Will take some pics tomorrow as its back home for a while now :)

Ah crap not good. Yeah pics will be awesome. Be good to see. So.....is it easy to remove and put the turbo back in?

Looks good Dave

Yea I have it down to about an hour now I've done it that often lol :) easy done in few first time but, best take Mani and turbo and downpipe off in one all together I think. temporary_zpsaibf2orm.jpg

That is the Chinese shite one built up for fitting, 700km later it shit the oil seals then in just hybrid,ed the old one :)

This is how to get the oil feed banjo bolt the easy way, put the socket on below then extensions through,temporary_zpsy1n2paee.jpg

this is why you should have kept the gt :D runabout while the faffing is being done ;) yea once its all un-bolted and disconnected its just a matter of pulling it forward of the mani studs and lifting out, the water feed pipe to turbo normally puts a bit of a fight on

Yeah yeah I know. Lol. Had to sell the GT to pay for all the bits I'm putting on the faff. Lol. It's ashame, I could have got a car in much better condition for the sane price I'm sure.

Another question, how the hell did you get the charge cooler off without loosing coolant? Or did you just let the coolant run out of the charge cooler?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.