How long have you owned your celica?

One year 12400miles yesterday or day before yesterday :think:

P.S why there is no single word in English for "day before yesterday" and "day after tomorrow" like in any other language i know?

Edited by zajc3w

Glad to hear that I'm not alone in the 'hard to replace' mindset! I've always had base model cars and wanted the more powerful model, but cost was always an issue, But I'm happy with my 140. So far it's been reliable and I'm hoping it will be for the years to come :) contemplated getting another, maybe an older model, but unfortunately don't have the space to keep it anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Registered in September 2006.

Bought in December 2008 with 31,000 miles on clock and new engine fitted at 30,000 due previous owner blowing it up.

Now owned for 7 years 3 months with 74K on the clock (44K for the replaced engine)

Renewed battery and exhaust system.

Into its 5th season on track having had many fluid changes, many sets of discs and pads, many sets of tyres and a few modifications.

• Like 2

Not that I'm counting, but 2 years 360 days :)

Paid £12 to find out what a 190 was as I knew nothing. I now know almost nothing, which is a huge improvement.

Was a one owner 56k miler 100% stock.

Now73k with a handful of tweeks.

I have never owned a car for 3 years before yet don't see me selling in the next 3 either. Total involuntary spending £30 on a new rad. Marvellous!

Pics, the day I got her, Gardano car park from the Weston meet a couple of years ago, and a chilly New Forest meet yesterday.

post-40822-0-92522300-1456738820_thumb.jpg

post-40822-0-90784800-1456738884_thumb.jpg

post-40822-0-72779500-1456739513_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I bought my tropicana GT in 2008 and still have bits of it.

my 2nd was a 1994 GT and I went out yesterday to buy a spoiler of a guy who had my old car sat on his driveway. he was the son of the person i sold it to and it hadn't moved since 2009 :(

my current GT4 I have owned since 2012

Bought my Tropicana GT back in Aug 09. Done 64K miles in is since then and has not missed a beat. Brakes,suspension & exhaust have all been replaced/rebuilt/upgraded. Have loved every minute of ownership and still brings many smiles per mile.
Currently on 123K
one other thing too is the love from CCUK members. I have made many many friends through the club and car ownership. Some have moved on from Celica ownership but still remain friends.

Edited by Monkey Boy 1
  • Like 2

Had 3 Mk1s (2xST, 1xGT) for about4 years. Then a red Celica Supra for a year. Then another Celica Supra in silver for another year. After that (Celicawise) a Gen5 GTI for about ten years. Bought GF an Import Gen7 which she still has in the last 6-7 years. Had an Import semi auto Gen7 for about 2 years and now have a storm blue manual Rotrexed Gen7 for the last 3 years or so.

• Like 1

bought mine in August 2011, remember seeing a gt4 gen 6 and loving it early in 2011, then saw a gt in lymington, then knew I really really wanted one ! Surprised then at how cheap they were, couldn't believe it ! If only I had the 1.5k then to get a gt4 rather than the 5k needed now !

4 1/2 years later still love it , still jobs I haven't got round to doing. Spent far too much - it's had replaced;

Doors

Boot

Bonnet

Bumpers

Seats

Engine

Gearbox

Wheels

Drive shafts

Brakes

So just the shell left lol :) and that had rust which I am sure will return to haunt me one day.

Remember going to japfest , looking at all the cars thinking which one do I really prefer, then walking back to my car at the end of the day and thinking DEF the Celica!

no plans on ever selling it, may end in a lockup somewhere at some point but would love to keep it till it (or I!) dies !

Also done 31k miles, so just under 7k a year

Edited by digs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.