How long have you owned your celica?

On my walk to work this morning, my timehop reminded me that I picked up my good, reliable friend Butterz 2 years ago to this day!

2 years later and 20,000 miles travelled together, still love it as much as the first viewing :)

Just wanted to know how long every one else has owned there's for? Was it bought from new, second hand, and what state to get it back to where it is now?!

d11cb6039e074b5a8e05c0f19d6b5319.jpg

This was the day I picked him up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 140 gen 7 which had a oil consumption problem.

Traded it in for a gas guzzling rx-8...

Traded it in for a corsa and cash with a guy at work.. (Rx8 went bang last month)

Then finally sold my corsa and got my tsport I always wanted..

49k one owner and all the history you could want.

One year and 4 months later it's at 55k and still epic to drive..loads of mods comming up so watch this space !!!...

Bought my 7 as a 140 on 53K 9 years ago this year. Since then, nearly 100K, lots of changes including swapping out the oil burning 1zz for a superb, strong 2zz. Many more years together me thinks.

• Like 1

We bought the CS in 1997, so 19 years this coming April. About time it was treated to a respray :D

There was a similar thread to this a year or so back and I know some have had their cars longer than I have!

PrescottDS_0100_zpskbtxcxz9.jpg

Edit - This is the last bend of the Prescott Hill Climb by the way!

Edited by CheltGirl
  • Like 2

Just coming up to 2 years now...and I usually start to look for a replacement after that time...but the Celica is a hard car to replace.!..so I think she'll be with me a while yet.

In the last year it's had a new clutch and 4 new tyres so I wanna get me moneys worth.!! :)

Neil

As above Neil.

I used to swap my car every 18 month to two yrs, but since owning the celica, i havnt seen another car i want, apart from a Gt and i really cant justify 5grand to swap up.

Know how ya feel, Dean...I shudder to think how much dosh I must have spent buying cars over the years....and I now refuse to spend mega money on them....I could only ever buy a Celica that's 3 years newer than mine so I think what's the point.?...it might not be as good as the one I've got...!!( I'm not wanting a GT or a TSport etc)

Jackie wants to have an SUV of some type (eg Qashqai/Rav 4/Kia Sportage/Honda CRV) in the not too distant future so I may put any of my "car" money towards that and have it as our main vehicle (holidays/long distance travel) and keep the Celica longer term simply for fun. :dance:

As ever...things can change.! ;)

Neil

Edited by RUToyota

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.