Question about alloy wheel information

scorps1212

Hey guys

I'm after a spare wheel for my ST205. The spare wheel I originally had for my ST202 won't fit over the calipers. Front or back. Info on that wheel is 5 x 100 and offset of 7.0J

I'm looking at wheels on eBay. Will an alloy with 5 x 108 and 6.5J fit my car?

If not, what is the offset I'm looking for?

for starters it needs to be 5 x 100

if you take one of the wheels off your car that do fit the rest of the info is stamped on the back of the wheel so somewhere it wil say et35 or similar number

the j number is the width of the wheel

5 x 100 is the number of holes and distance between to fit on the hub

and the et is how far the whee sits in, so if you look at the back of the wheel its the measurement from the back of the centre part to the rim when its on the car if you get what i mean, so if it was et46 it would sit in the arches further than et35 and lower number would sit further out

Edited by arizona

Yeah I been searching on eBay but nothing on there. I'll give google a shot.

Found one. On eBay as well. Lol. £50 with postage. Bit steep if you ask me buy it's something I need.

I suppose the next question is.....will a normal 16" of 17" wheel fit in the spare wheel pit in the boot? Or does it have to be a space saver to fit in.

the pit in the boot as far as i know is sufficient for spacesaver, normal wheels fit in there but you'll either have to put up with a big bump in the carpet or put a false floor in there to raise it to same level

i hate space savers so i use a normal one, it takes away the urgency to get the original tyre sorted and its a pain in the butt getting spacesaver tyre if it punctures

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.