Car Compliments

The lary 185 hasnt been out yet so that should be interesting but the vert often gets comments and head turns

Some memorable ones in the last few months was the fella with his girlfriend walking along the pavement who fell over his own feet trying to see what it was as went past, a top down moment on the a3 when some guys in a 4x4 tooted and yelled awesome, respect with thumbs up out of the window (that may have also been the rumbling exhaust) and just the other day on a miserable monday morning drive to work in the traffic a couple of guys in a van tooted from the lane next to me, pointed at the car and gave a thumbs up, cheered my morning :)

Mine makes a load of noise and backfires when hot, so I usually get the look of 'WTF was that'. Also quite a few people have said its a 'nice supra' nobody has confused it with a Civic though, then again I would rather smash my cock flat with a house brick then take it to KwikFit.

• Like 2

Mine makes a load of noise and backfires when hot, so I usually get the look of 'WTF was that'. Also quite a few people have said its a 'nice supra' nobody has confused it with a Civic though, then again I would rather smash my cock flat with a house brick then take it to KwikFit.

ditto, i get told off for backing off the throttle slightly when passing pedestrians ;)

Also quite a few people have said its a 'nice supra' nobody has confused it with a Civic though, then again I would rather smash my cock flat with a house brick then take it to KwikFit.

Yeah, for some reason I went against my better judgement as I was in a hurry and assumed they'd at least be fast. After waiting beyond my appointment time by 20 minutes I went to the place next door and was seen immediately.

Well my car is a bit of a mess and looks a bit chav/rice (until I sort it out), but the day I got it, my neighbor was shocked, "WOW, you've got an Aston Martin?!?!?!"

Sadly I was bought back down to earth when my other neighbor said, "is that a Vauxhall?"

Maybe he meant the Calibra... in which case that's ok!

I get looks all the time, especially when my dished wheels are on in the summer. I have a decat exhaust as well which on the overrun if you tap the throttle can bang out the back something nasty, scares me sometimes when I get a real gooden, but I am childish.. :D

Edited by Alex991

This, so far, is the first week in 2 years that I haven't had a compliment on my car. Since having it resprayed 2 years back, fitting kaminari bumpers and 3sdm wheels, every week (until now :cry: ) I have had random people approach me and comment on the car. When I've been in other towns I have had people come up to me, comment on the car and tell me what town I am from and exactly where I live because they had seen it when they were in my hometown and remember it.

Of course, the mods were done purely because I liked it that way but have to admit it is nice to know it's appreciated by others............ and that people recognise good taste ;):D

• Like 2

Sounds like you've pulled! g-giggle.gif

All I have pulled recently, in the words of an old Squeeze song, is "Mussels from a shell"

I was once filling up with petrol, when a nearby guy in a suit looked appreciatively at the car and said "Oh, is that your husband's?"...

I smiled and said "No, it's all mine and drove over his Gucci loafers, twice!"

efa

What a wassock!

I was driving through Chelt town centre last year and a little kid shouted ''OH LAMBORGHINIIIIII''.

I don't know if that's a compliment but it made me laugh for ages

Poor kid, he'd have been much more impressed if he'd known it was actually a Toyota.

I notice people stopping to look as they walk past when its parked outside.

Also local group of kids said 'that cars fit' as i overheard walking down the street.

I pike the standard celica but i do like the GT kit more. But my GF thinks the spoiler and skirts are naff. Maybe i need to trade her in.

Had a teenager say cool car when I parked at home on Tuesday evening, came out Wednesday to find it iced up with nice car wrote across the window, should have got a pic, it looked good in the ice.

I assume this happened before it started freezing as was a nightmare to scrape off.

The Celica (all gens) are truly such beauties i think they will always attract comments.

then again I would rather smash my cock flat with a house brick then take it to KwikFit.

Now that is the funnest thing ive read in ages. I think i would have that as my sig if i didn't have my current status in the club :hysterical:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.