Car Compliments

My GT is currently sat on the driveway with half a Wilwood Superlite install done, brand new Rainsport 3s and re-furbished alloys - which sounds alright on paper.... but... I've not been able to drive it for a while now as brakes have been rather dodgey, hence the Wilwood upgrade, which has had it's own set of issues. So kinda feeling a bit down.

However, I did just remember that the last time I did drive it, I got an awesome compliment from a random guy on the street as he walked past where I'd parked in a carpark... So that made me a bit happier! He said,

"Mate, that is f*ckin' BANGIN'!!"

Which kinda made me laugh, but he obviously liked the car a lot.

I had another compliment recently from a guy who said...

"That's a beauty. Does she drive as good as she looks?"

He then started to talk about about how superior Mazda's are to Ford's, which I didn't really understand as my car is obviously neither of those. Maybe by 'Mazda' he meant 'Japanese' and by 'Ford' he meant 'Everything else'. Who knows.

What funny/ memorable compliments have you had on your Celica?

I think many peeps find the looks/style of the Celica, attractive..even though many don't actually know what it is.!!

My Celi is a bog standard 140 with no body modifications whatsoever..and still get's compliments..."Oooo look, Mum," said one young kid waiting to cross the road with his Mum..." a racing car"... :)

But most of the "compliments" I get are about the lovely sound it makes.!!.

The back box was replaced 2 years ago...just a few weeks before I bought the car..and as far as I can tell it's just a "Bosal" make...i.e. nowt special.(according to the invoice I've got it was about £90.)..but for some reason (I know not what) it has the most glorious throaty soundtrack.!...I'd definitely have another if I ever needed one.

Can't say I've ever had any negative comments tbh.

Neil

all the time mate including .... sillycar till i say to him ...not quite so silly when mine can hit 8000rpm haha . try that with your festa haha

Haha! very true. When I tell people how high the Celica revs they always look amazed/ jealous :P

I think many peeps find the looks/style of the Celica, attractive..even though many don't actually know what it is.!!

My Celi is a bog standard 140 with no body modifications whatsoever..and still get's compliments..."Oooo look, Mum," said one young kid waiting to cross the road with his Mum..." a racing car"... :)

But most of the "compliments" I get are about the lovely sound it makes.!!.

The back box was replaced 2 years ago...just a few weeks before I bought the car..and as far as I can tell it's just a "Bosal" make...i.e. nowt special.(according to the invoice I've got it was about £90.)..but for some reason (I know not what) it has the most glorious throaty soundtrack.!...I'd definitely have another if I ever needed one.

Can't say I've ever had any negative comments tbh.

Neil

Agreed, not many people know what it is, but they do look very appealing. That reminded me of one time a little kid at the side of the road dropped his bike and stared at my car as I drove past haha!

• Like 1

I've had a few recently, seem to get more now the valance, lip and dynamic skirts are on.

When I was getting the clutch done last Friday a bloke with his dad came out and said "nice looking motor that is t it dad" his dad said "I wish they where around when I was younger" then started saying something about pigeons in the engine lol I didn't really get that bit!

Apart from Celica 1977 saying he didn't think the Invidia sounded as bad as he expected :blink: I don't hear many comments about the sound, whether that's because there are none or they are drowned out I neither know nor care. :P

Sadly the only "bit of skirt" to pass comment, whilst she said "I don't usually like sports cars but THAT is really nice!" was in her late 80's and gesticulating with her walking stick. A bit of mature is one thing but..... :shrug:

• Like 1

Sadly the only "bit of skirt" to pass comment, whilst she said "I don't usually like sports cars but THAT is really nice!" was in her late 80's and gesticulating with her husbands walking stick. A bit of mature is one thing but..... :shrug:

That's one hell of a coincidence..I think I know this woman! :o

IIRC, her name is Mandy/Amanda, or something like that..

are you sure he didnt say that's a banger ? :)

haha! I hope not!!

Apart from Celica 1977 saying he didn't think the Invidia sounded as bad as he expected :blink: I don't hear many comments about the sound, whether that's because there are none or they are drowned out I neither know nor care. :P

Sadly the only "bit of skirt" to pass comment, whilst she said "I don't usually like sports cars but THAT is really nice!" was in her late 80's and gesticulating with her walking stick. A bit of mature is one thing but..... :shrug:

You know what they say... Any hole....

That's too disturbing to even think about actually. :giveup:

You know what they say... Any hole....

That's too disturbing to even think about actually. :giveup:

I have seen the FB utube vid of the guy humping his car. It still haunts me..............besides anybody round here brags they could fill an Invidia? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

• Like 1

I have seen the FB utube vid of the guy humping his car. It still haunts me..............besides anybody round here brags they could fill an Invidia? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ah that vid lol, to be fair if that's the girl in the vid I'd rather shag the car too :)

Haven't had that many compliments of late - had quite the opposite at a KwikFit the other day:

"Is yours the Civic, mate?"

And, unfortunately for those unlucky enough to go to KwikFit regularly, that was one of the members of staff asking.

LOL i had somebody ask me at a car club meeting, "is it yours the Civic?" The somebody in question is also an ex-Gen 7 GT owner and member of this forum. :giveup:

• Like 1

Haven't had that many compliments of late - had quite the opposite at a KwikFit the other day:

"Is yours the Civic, mate?"

And, unfortunately for those unlucky enough to go to KwikFit regularly, that was one of the members of staff asking.

Oh dear.. That's worrying.

I'm quite lucky that I get quite a few comments on my car,from young blokes thinking it looks wicked,to older ones remarking how clean it is for the year,or that they owned one years ago.I had a young fella in a Mini Cooper have a quick chat with me in the garage when i was checking my tyre pressures couple of weeks back actually,he knew what he was on about as at first he wondered if it was an ST165 that had been modified.I'm quite happy to chat to strangers that appreciate the car,its definitely a feelgood moment.It's knocking on the door of 30 years old now,so theres a lot of people that will never have seen a gen4 Celica before.Certainly not one like mine :D

LOL i had somebody ask me at a car club meeting, "is it yours the Civic?" The somebody in question is also an ex-Gen 7 GT owner and member of this forum. :giveup:

Now that IS worrying. :o

I don't seem to get many compliments from adults but usually see or hear kids point and say stuff like wow look at that car if I have the window down

One that made me laugh recently was when I got out and walked across the road and a boy a couple of years younger than me said to his dad "look it's the new Toyota"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.