might buy tommorow

Bobby

Hi all just joined the club going to look at a 185 gt4 in the morning please can you help on what to look out for and any do's and don'ts it on a J so 91 in year what is a good price ish

Thanks Bob

Edited highlights in case it's in time.

1. - headgasket - the standard car has a paper gasket which is prone to failure if boost is increased. Check the coolant very carefully for signs - nasty rusty smell, anything but good clean coolant should ring alarm bells. Not a massive job to change if you're a competent mechanic, but a garage bill for this will write off a 185 (many have been lost to this)

2. - rusty sills, especially a sunroof model as these drain into the sills.

Thanks boy's for all the infor; it did come home with me well it will when i go back and pick it up it's a 91 plate gt4 no rust at all but it does need a lot of cleaning up i'm going to stip it any way seat's out roll bar's out going to be my winter job i'm will be looking for some bit's will take photo's at start and finish let's see how it all goes. i've been here befor must be off my head.!!!!!!!!!! Happy day's all. bobby

Well done - let me know what you need, I'm breaking 3 at the moment.

Hi mate after a few bet's head lineing for sunroof type, head lamp motor's x2 might fit carlos sainz bon; if i can find one at the right price. might be after a few more bit's when i dig deeper. it's all good fun.!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.