Celica Club UK Messages

Website Upgrade info

Click here for more information.

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

might buy tommorow

Question

Hi all just joined the club going to look at a 185 gt4 in the morning please can you help on what to look out for and any do's and don'ts it on a J so 91 in year what is a good price ish

Thanks Bob

11 answers to this question

Price is very dependant on which st185, uk gt4 or carlos sainz ltd edition, or an import - the values vary quite a lot.

any pics or info on it ? someone here may know about it :) they are an epic car

Edited highlights in case it's in time.

1. - headgasket - the standard car has a paper gasket which is prone to failure if boost is increased. Check the coolant very carefully for signs - nasty rusty smell, anything but good clean coolant should ring alarm bells. Not a massive job to change if you're a competent mechanic, but a garage bill for this will write off a 185 (many have been lost to this)

2. - rusty sills, especially a sunroof model as these drain into the sills.

2. - rusty sills, especially a sunroof model as these drain into the sills.

Lol that sounds a familiar problem! :P

Thanks boy's for all the infor; it did come home with me well it will when i go back and pick it up it's a 91 plate gt4 no rust at all but it does need a lot of cleaning up i'm going to stip it any way seat's out roll bar's out going to be my winter job i'm will be looking for some bit's will take photo's at start and finish let's see how it all goes. i've been here befor must be off my head.!!!!!!!!!! Happy day's all. bobby

Well done - let me know what you need, I'm breaking 3 at the moment.

Hi mate after a few bet's head lineing for sunroof type, head lamp motor's x2 might fit carlos sainz bon; if i can find one at the right price. might be after a few more bit's when i dig deeper. it's all good fun.!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this