Do you ever just "go out for a drive"?

Cal670

Had a really nice drive up to lady bower and derwent reservoirs. And walked from derwent to Howden with the wife and dog. Couldn't believe how low derwent was only 34% full.Nice drive back around Froggatt and thru chatsworth.

post-46638-0-70596600-1445765551_thumb.jpg

post-46638-0-25494700-1445765570_thumb.jpg

post-46638-0-50940500-1445765595_thumb.jpg

post-46638-0-30196000-1445765612_thumb.jpg

post-46638-0-06875100-1445765624_thumb.jpg

post-46638-0-90238800-1445765649_thumb.jpg

Edited by dean68
  • Like 2

Old stamping grounds for me. Dean...was up there most weekends when I were a lad..if not there, then it was Chatsworth/Bakewell/Matlock...and then up to surprise view and Froggat Edge...Happy days.!...I get back there as often as I can.

I have a bro. who still lives near Alfreton.

Neil

Walked Froggat edge when I was a lad with school. Didn't realise it was near derwentwater until yesterday. Lol

Its like my wife said yesterday, we have all this beautiful countryside on our doorstep but we hardly ever visit it.

Think that's going to change from now on.

Walked Froggat edge when I was a lad with school. Didn't realise it was near derwentwater until yesterday. Lol

Its like my wife said yesterday, we have all this beautiful countryside on our doorstep but we hardly ever visit it.

Think that's going to change from now on.

Good for you, Dean.....the Derbyshire Peak District is a gem..and I do miss it.

Was up there last in April in a little village called Litton...great B&B...great village pub...great driving roads.!

Visited old haunts like Castleton, Hathersage and Monsal

Neil

No - 185s have contributed too :)

any excuse for me now ive it running again :rolleyes: went to get petrol for the missus for the week and it took me near an hour, the petrol station is only 3/4 mile away :lol: also discovered yesterday just how handy the back end comes out when its a bit moist out B)

Lucky bugger.!...Bet yer get over to Saltburn and have those delicious fish and chips on the front.???? ;)

Neil

Your right always feel lucky to live in "Gods Country" (arguments start), prefer Whitby to Saltburn for F&Cs but either will do depends on how much free time there is, can usually make a trip to Whitby last about 3 hours if I take the convoluted route via back roads to Northallerton, Thirsk, Helmsley, Pickering, Ruswarp then into Whitby with a stop in Helmsley for a coffee and chat and Fish and chips in Whitby or if it's early morning then hot chocolate and bacon sandwich on the pier, best way I have found to unwind and put a 100 plus miles on the car or bike.

Your right always feel lucky to live in "Gods Country" (arguments start), prefer Whitby to Saltburn for F&Cs but either will do depends on how much free time there is, can usually make a trip to Whitby last about 3 hours if I take the convoluted route via back roads to Northallerton, Thirsk, Helmsley, Pickering, Ruswarp then into Whitby with a stop in Helmsley for a coffee and chat and Fish and chips in Whitby or if it's early morning then hot chocolate and bacon sandwich on the pier, best way I have found to unwind and put a 100 plus miles on the car or bike.

Couldn't agree more....Lovely little pace is Helmsley with a fabulous Deli too.!!..and like you I prefer Whitby...love that Pickering to Whitby road on a nice day, particularly if you are lucky enough to get less traffic.!...likewise the Scarborough to Whitby road

It's simply one of THE best areas to be in.!

Neil

Always up for a road run. Static car meets bore me to tears.

Agree....having a drive beats standing around any day.!

Neil

nice panaramic views mate and how did the walking go with you because i can remember your lady rung rings around you at prescott hill climb in this year :)

Lol

Yeah same again. A nice leisurely walk and she wants to jog around. Even louie runs with her. But he's getting old now, so she takes pity on him and walks, mostly.

Got a good excuse now tho. Still recovering from my shoulder op, so I have to take it easy.

Edited by dean68
  • Like 1

Often go out for a run :) no point having the car otherwise, shame about all the other cars on the road really !

Straight out of my place and turn left, nice little 30 min there and back drive around some nsl twisty roads and a few straights, round a big roundabout and back again. With no traffic it's great fun :)

Or down into Cardiff, up on to the dual carriage way that takes you over the south part of the city, can see the lights of the bay, through a nice tunnel and back again (usually via asda mind lol!) pretty cool at night.

I

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.