seized caliper slider help lol

SKINY

so the slider is seized into the caliper :angry: any ideas welcome, cant get any heat on it until tommorow so im of out now to try to get the collar and slider out with a ball joint spliter :rolleyes: Sunday Funday :lol:temporary_zps3z5rpjl8.jpg temporary_zpsfny5xq05.jpg

no plusgas but i will take it into work and get the fitter to have a go with the oxy/acetalene torch, that maybe do it :rolleyes: going to Toyota after work see can i order 2 new sliders and the caliper sleves too, then just a matter of getting the puller out. well theres the swearing too :lol: have you got a passenger side caliper about you Paul ?

This happened to 3 out of 4 pins on my rear calipers. What to do is cut out the centre section of the pin so you are left with one bit stuck in either side, then when you hit it with a hammer you will only need half the force to move it [emoji106] also once you get one side of the pin out you can use a long punch and hit the other one from both sides. This worked for all of mine except one, which I had to use a drill on

EDIT: Ahh ignore that just realised your calipers are different to mine.. I really should go to bed, been working all night [emoji1]

I

Edited by lb423

The pins are not hardened and can bend or even break. Has this happen on one of mine which had to be carefully drilled out. It was on one of the rear calipers and happened due to lack f maintenance (ie seal split and not replaced when I had the chance)

post-23898-0-76188100-1444681285_thumb.jpg

post-23898-0-65548700-1444681301_thumb.jpg

Edited by Monkey Boy 1

Toyota say the sleeve and slider are part of the caliper and not available separate :( he then tried me for a new caliper at 180£ lol. Its going to an engineering place after work tomorrow, they have all sorts off splitters and pullers and heat!

Can't be that seized if you managed to rotate the caliper. Just wd40 or plusgas and keep rotating / pulling to work it loose.

Failing that, heat is normally the savior for anything seized but be careful not to damage the caliper seals.

Also SDS drills set to hammer only can work wonders, but beware of collateral damage if it fights too hard.

right, the slider screws into the carrier folks. it was seized solid and took a small jemy bar to get it round that far :rolleyes: so i didnt seize it anymore, as soon as it came free the slider pin just turned inside it :angry: im not worried about the seals as im re-building them

throw it in the bin, It will never improve :( and buy some non toyota brakes ;)

my caldina is on axle stands right now for the very same reason - I have about 10 callipers but none that i want to waste any time and money on.........to just need another rebuild in about 18 months

yea my faff calipers are sat looking at me here lol, can get the avensis discs for 56£ all in, wood still need rebuilding and fitting kit and pads.

oh and the small matter of having the car fitted to the wider rims as the current rims wont clear the faff calipers :)

well i got the fecker off :) sat in a bath of engine/gear/diff oil the last few days, came in there and bolted it back on then got the BIG hammer out and beat it off :)

what's that stuff called to soak these in now anyone? Ive the other one striped an sat in coke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.