Interior plastics paint

RickySpanish

Hey.

What would be the best paint/lacquer to use for the interior plastics? Is a can of Halfords toyota red suitable or is a proper plastic paint needed?

I am eventually looking at having a black dash with red centre console and vents etc. The doors will be black with red speaker grille etc.

my paint is used was canbrush from ebay , i wanted a unique colour so i chose a colour that contrasted with the storm blue colour so i came up with sparkle red , this paint look great in the sun but a different colour when dull , the canbrush range are also petrol and oil resistant and ive used it on my engine bay and interior

gallery_38304_1706_194224.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good, now I have options I can compare them.

Where did you get the double din surround? Mine has a gap around the stereo and can't find a plate/adaptor to fill it.

Thanks.

Edit - found some after a random search on eBay.

Edited by RickySpanish

Looks good, now I have options I can compare them.

Where did you get the double din surround? Mine has a gap around the stereo and can't find a plate/adaptor to fill it.

Thanks.

If you can collect soon, I can give you most of the light grey plastics for free - this doesn't include the gear surround / climate control or top box - but can give you dash, glove box etc etc

I did mine without any spares, just thought sod it, so get prepped and made sure I knew what I was doing, with time, drying, layers etc

All using Hycote from eurocarparts, masking it all off was the longest thing

There are still got bits to finish off, but that can all wait, most of the main parts that your eyes look at are fine

post-34391-0-78860300-1443789754_thumb.jpg

post-34391-0-59609600-1443790222_thumb.jpg

started off with a few bits at a time

post-34391-0-72609200-1443790224_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gimba
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.