Reversing beep

VVTI

I can't take it anymore the reversing beep is so annoying, I'm in a celica not a lorry. :brickwall:

Anyway a quick internet search, has answered my irritation. A 10 min job of taking the dash out and cutting one single wire and peace has now returned yay.

I can't believe I have put up with that for over a year, for the sake of 10 mins work. :D

Has anyone else done this or am I too easily irritated? :angry:

post-48464-0-26046500-1442151564_thumb.png

Never considered it as a problem tbh....for the very small amount of time I'm actually using reverse gear it doesn't bother me at all. :shrug:

Neil

Guess I do take a while to reverse out of my garage (think it was designed for a motor bike) its that small. haha

I removed the pin from the connector block on my first gen 7 in 2001, I'm not a fan of cutting wiring looms.

But I have owned this one over 5 years and the buzzer hasn't bothered me.

I see your reason for taking the pin out, for resale reasons. But as mine is pushing a 100k on a pre face lift 140 I think I will be the last owner so i'm not to bothered. As its not burning oil yet, I am getting the most fun out of it that I can without it beeping at me. lol

Change it out for a novelty duck quack or dog bark one, I had a sheep one on the truck for a while, funny but childish

Now this I like :P

Better not have a dog bark, though, that really would confuse my dogs :lol:

Never bothered me, infact when i first got my celica i Was so glad it did have a beep, with Reverse and 1st gear next to each other

Like other has said, I only use reverse a few times a week for seconds at a time, so it's nothing worth faffing about with

I was in stopped traffic on the motorway once and went to set off and the clutch didn't bite. I immediately assumed I was in third and not first, so slammed it across into what I thought was first and turned out to be reverse. I think the guy behind me must have had the fright of his life. The beeping saved me an accident that day!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.