omg! is this right?

I know what you mean....I'm not comparing the vehicles of course..I have a Gen 7 140....but I've just returned from a 2 day break in deepest Suffolk...well, Southwold, Aldeburgh and Snape.. :rolleyes: ..I've done 310 miles...on £35 of fuel.!...now although my basic calculations are very rough and ready and I claim no stringent accuracy...it seem the old girl has done something like 45 mpg.!!!!...even allowing for all sorts of variables that's gotta be 40mpg +..and .considering I spent at least 1.5 hours on the A14 doing 70/80 mph I'm frankly astounded at the mpg figure.!

Well pleased...and of course the car ran like a dream as usual....not a moments trouble. :)

Neil

Theres a reason why I havent posted a picture of the inside of my bonnet. First thing you see is two big ugly rusty radiator brackets - and the rest is not exactly an oil painting to look at.

But so far... from a brimful tank - and I mean drip drip drip brimful, Ive got 735 miles of town n about driving, with two 15 mile motorway stints every day, and my needle is now between a quarter tank and the bottom line - Jeeeeez, I love this beautiful old girl!

Had a chance to catcth a chat with my eldest daughter today. When I'm not here they let themselves in and mess my stuff around and stock my fridge like im an invalid.

...anyway, a few days ago my eldest took my car down to the shops (about 3 miles) and put either 20 or 30 pound in the tank - she cant remember - so the figure I gave you is obviously not right, but not too far out me thinks...?!

I am interested now to see what my car can do to a tank because so far I am seriously impressed with every single thing about the old girl.

So, tonight I have topped her up again - brimful - and I will keep a record of the kind of driving I am doing and the length of my journeys etc and take a pic of the needle+milo when I am low on fuel (I took one already when I filled up and re-zeroed the Milo

Dash%20010_zpsyckkmv8i.jpg

Same pic without flash on...I'd like to brighten the display but everything I have seen advertised promises fairground type brightness but is all I want is something akin to the brightness it showed when the car came out.

Dash%20008_zpsbpzml0ta.jpg

Does anyone know what would normally be used by the blank that I have circled in this pic, its obviously an extra that I haven't got but might be something I may want in the future.

Dash%20012_zpshsnqncgc.jpg

I can't get that mileage from my gti - and that also has a 50 ltrs lpg tank, I smell a wind up.

Ha Ha, it wasn't - well not an intentional one!

But hey, we don't know yet. Lets let the needle run down and we will see, I'm not a young racer and will give you an honest full to empty result - and not a wind up, ha ha!

Your test won't work - as other people clearly have access to your car, and refuel it without telling you, the figures will be pretty meaningless.

It will work fine. The only reason I found out that she had put some fuel in was because I happened to mention that I had started to count the miles covered so that I could take part in JOHNTAYLOR32s post - she then pointed out that I should add the amount she had put in. Apparently she was going up to the village to get me some supplies and as the car was here and the weather was hot, she left hers here and took the opportunity to do a little roof down driving.

Only i will be driving the car for the duration of the test...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.