1991 Gen 5 Passenger Door Lock Problem

Just bought my old Gen 5 back after her being away for almost four years. It has a Toad alarm fitted which is not working so I am locking each door individually with the key. Problem is that when I lock the passenger side door there is a loud buzzing noise as the door locks. Does the same when being unlocked.

Has anyone come across this before or could give me any advice and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Eric

passenger side should lock from the key in the drivers door mate, the noise could maybe be the moter on its way out, does it make noise when using key in the drivers side ?

Got the door panel off this morning and the lock has wiring going to it for the central locking. Turn the key and the electronic part of the lock is buzzing. Been down to our local Toyota

dealer and they have identified the central locking assembly as part no 69040-20270 so it looks like this is what I need although new parts have been discontinued.

I'll check fleabay and the likes and would be interested to hear from any member.

Thanks

Eric

Bobo,

From what I understand from the Toyota man there are two types of lock either central locking or just by key/door lock. If you have central locking then there is something amiss. Could be the same problem as mine but there are plenty of experts in the club who will be able to help

Hope this is useful

Eric

Not hi-Jacking your thread or anything but that does explain why I can only lock jello (my 5) on the passenger side too loL!

i have a drivers side module here if need be Kim ;) or maybe you have just covered the drivers lock with stickers :rolleyes: ;)

i have a drivers side module here if need be Kim ;) or maybe you have just covered the drivers lock with stickers :rolleyes: ;)

Duuuct taaaape :) does it need replacing if I've got a keyless entry kit going on? :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.