celica GT vs GT86

The GT86 looks really good with the full on TRD kit or Aero. The base ones look really really boring.

I would love the Aero, but would definitely need to spend more £ on engine mods to improve its performance as its looks just don't match its performance in its normal guise.

The GT86 looks really good with the full on TRD kit or Aero. The base ones look really really boring.

I would love the Aero, but would definitely need to spend more £ on engine mods to improve its performance as its looks just don't match its performance in its normal guise.

This is the trouble with the GT-86, people are blinded by straight line performance, facts and figures. This is where hot hatches fit in.

The press get the GT-86 perfectly because they have gone beyond the back pages of "What Car" and actually tracked it.

• Like 2

I've been up against a stock GT86 being driven by a pro race driver a couple of times at Knockhill. It passed me on the main straight but then could not shake me off for many laps. I could still travel through the complexes faster but always trailed at the end of the main straight.

• Like 2

^^

That's a better comparison :)

If I had to chose between the two then I'd go for the celica purely because I don't like the looks of the 86, don't really like the looks of the gen 7 either but prefer it over the gt86 lol

I've been up against a stock GT86 being driven by a pro race driver a couple of times at Knockhill. It passed me on the main straight but then could not shake me off for many laps. I could still travel through the complexes faster but always trailed at the end of the main straight.

Wonder if his was stock. Would be interesting to see a comparison of track times between the T sport and GT86 I reckon it would be really close

Check the price of a new GT86 in Australia.

Long walk to the dealership but it does give a clue to why UK sales are a bit slow.

Maybe not the same 5 year warranty but hey...its a Toyota.

Good car. Overpriced here.

I only found out recently that the reason why they do that is because they know a lot of the Japanese buyers will want to modify it, so they replace the parts that are most likely going to be changed (body parts & wheels) with cheap versions. Clever!

I only found out recently that the reason why they do that is because they know a lot of the Japanese buyers will want to modify it, so they replace the parts that are most likely going to be changed (body parts & wheels) with cheap versions. Clever!

genius :D and cheap

Hmm can 2zz go into an 86?

But your car isn't stock is it?

Hmm can 2zz go into an 86?

As much as I love character of the 2zz it Seems rather redundant putting in an engine with less displacement torque and power.

I'd say it was unlikely that a gt86 being tracked would be bone stock either so I think David's comparison is quite fair.

I have no engine upgrades only handling. The GT86 was completely stock. The pro driver was evaluating it to see if it was worth further development for him to compete with in a Sports Series. His comments after were, good handing but seriously underpowered without significant engine work.

Our laps times were the same but he needed about another 250 hp over stock to reduce race pace lap times by 14 secs!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.