Pesky bluetooth/mp3 player

Who else has an mp3 player stereo in their car and uses their phone to play music through bluetooth?

Half of the time it connects first time no problems

Other times I start the engine and then try to connect my bluetooth to the stereo but it will take ages to connect or keep cancelling it

Other times it will connect then it says connected to phone audio only so I have to manually tick the box for media audio and sometimes that still doesn't work

Sometimes I spend a good couple of minutes and it still won't connect so the only way is to switch the engine off and back on and try again

I'm not sure if it's my phone (Galaxy S2) or the stereo (Pioneer DEH- something)

Anyone else have this problem or does yours work ok all the time?

I've had a Kenwood KDC BT-60u and use it pretty much the same way you do with both my old galaxy s2, my current s4 and both my kids iphones, never had any problems with any of the handsets so I'm guessing it's either your head unit or specific issues with your phone and that unit.

Not much help I know

Your handset is an antique now, come into the 21st century and all should be well.

Haha maybe or could just be the stereo, was thinking of getting a Galaxy S4 but couldn't find many reasons to upgrade

My head unit connects to any Bluetooth device in the car no problem once it is switched on, I only use Bluetooth for phone connection not music as I leave my ipod in the top compartment connected to the rear USB. Multiple phones connect easily even copying address books to the head unit which is a Clarion 500 series.

Have you checked whether there are any software updates (for the stereo and/or the phone)?

I had a problem with my Parrot and it turned out that the Parrot software needed to be updated to match the iPhone Bluetooth version.

I had that issue with all bluetooth units i've had from factory fitted to one's I've fitted myself. It's just a general bluetooth problem that doesnt matter if its upto date or not just throws a hissy fit every now and then. Can't wait for WiFi Direct to take over on phones and in cars much more stable connection.

It's strange how temperamental it is because sometimes it just doesn't want to connect even after nothing has been changed. Biggest problem for me is trying not to annoy neighbours etc as I have to leave my loud car idling until I get it to work :lol:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.