3 spoke vs. teddy bear

I've read on here a couple of times that the 3 spoke wheels from (some) St205s are really light.

Does anyone know how much lighter they are than the so-called teddy bear wheels from an ST185?

Are they so much lighter that it would actually make a difference in performance terms?

A lot of people use the 3 spokes as a track option,due to the lightness and at times the ease of availability,but conversely due to this i reckon they will be getting harder to get hold of..

This is a bit of a debate for me. I've got two nice sets of the teddy bear wheels, which I genuinely do like, although I know they are not to everyone's taste. Having a set for summer and winter tires is very convenient.

I fancy a bit of a change. I like the idea of something lighter. But however good they are, I don't think this three spokes are going to suit a gen 5. There are a set on EBay for £100 at the moment.

I might have to succumb to the pressure from Skiny and CheltGirl and find myself a set of Momo Arrows....

• Like 2

Lensos:

0D27DB6B-CA12-4672-BEDE-3FDFB2F53A87_zps

Gen7 wheels

Image0087.jpg

I have loads of the gen7 wheels for sale, may even sell the lensos - was planning on keeping them for the 4 but who knows when I'll get round to it

Those 7 wheels on the red 5 look better than they have ever done on the 7!

The gen 7 wheels look good, but are they not generally believed to be made of cheese?

Nope the 5 spokes are good - it's the tsport wheels that are made of cheese. They suit the 4/5 and 6 more than the 7 all day long. If you want to see what they look like on your car - drop me a pm and we can do a trial fit with some

Nope the 5 spokes are good - it's the tsport wheels that are made of cheese. They suit the 4/5 and 6 more than the 7 all day long. If you want to see what they look like on your car - drop me a pm and we can do a trial fit with some

I have never known a gen 7 5 spoke to bend (unlike the 17inch rims) and they are an average weight wheel

and as above the look good on anything but a gen 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.