Centre cap emblems and the TRD logo - what do you think?

So I'm sorting a steering wheel centre for my new wheel, and getting four new centre cap covers off locking-vinyl.

Which do you prefer...

Q0jI0Qf.png?1PTfKPd4.png

The TRD one should look silver and domed like the t-sport ones. I dunno how I feel about having the TRD logo on a t-sport, if it's a bit disingenuous or not? I have a GT86 (knockoff) trd gearknob tho...

Or, maybe don't have matching caps/steering wheel and go for TRD steering wheel and t sport caps?

Any other ideas or thoughts appreciated, I'm terrible at the creative side :)

both looked good mate i like the original tsport ones better i would say go with the TRD ones if you have something from TRD , i recently refurbed mine and used mook to make me up a set of decals - not fitted them yet

10991206_10206206008529109_7665636053323

11128772_10206664352427420_7233408494303

Edited by celica1977

I got my custom steering wheel badge from locking-vinyl today and it's beautiful :D I thought about both of those you've posted but went with something a bit different in the end. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I fit it :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just email him, that's all I did :)

darrenharding59@hotmail.com

I emailed him last Friday but didn't get a reply til Monday so dont be surprised if you don't hear back over the weekend but during the week his replies were nice and quick :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

After a very expensive refurb job on my 12 spoke premiums wheels, i still haven't replaced my manky old centre caps.

Although i have removed the center caps and my new wheels look rather odd without them.

This is a before shot btw...

c0807d61-0935-404b-a150-89714337f95f_zps

I really do like Foogles Celica dragon steering wheel centre,

which has gives rise to the simple idea of a Celica dragon on wheel centres.

This sort of badge could be used as a generic patten for any standard Gen wheel, allowing for differing colours variations.

For my Red Edition, a red dragon with black border on metallic silver background.

I think this would give a traditional elegance, and look far classier than the original red or blue Edition sketch outline that imo looks scruffy and cartoonish.

Looks like Darren is about to get some orders in

Debs

Edited by Crazy Cat Lady

After a very expensive refurb job on my 12 spoke premiums wheels, i still haven't replaced my manky old centre caps.

Although i have removed the center caps and my new wheels look rather odd without them.

This is a before shot btw...

c0807d61-0935-404b-a150-89714337f95f_zps

I really do like Foogles Celica dragon steering wheel centre,

which has gives rise to the simple idea of a Celica dragon on wheel centres.

This sort of badge could be used as a generic patten for any standard Gen wheel, allowing for differing colours variations.

For my Red Edition, a red dragon with black border on metallic silver background.

I think this would give a traditional elegance, and look far classier than the original red or blue Edition sketch outline that imo looks scruffy and cartoonish.

Looks like Darren is about to get some orders in

Debs

What size are your wheel caps? My steering badge was 44mm and Darren said I couldn't go any smaller if I wanted to keep the white outline detail so just bear that in mind if your wheel caps are smaller than 44mm.

Cant wait to see them, I love the dragon logo and intend on having it appear in a few other places on my car soon....

What size are your wheel caps? My steering badge was 44mm and Darren said I couldn't go any smaller if I wanted to keep the white outline detail so just bear that in mind if your wheel caps are smaller than 44mm.

Cant wait to see them, I love the dragon logo and intend on having it appear in a few other places on my car soon....

Just the domed badge itself: 52mm diameter

The plastic caps are small, on the flip-side the barbed prongs that hold the cap in the hole have a diameter of about 45mm, can't see new ones for sale anywhere.

Your dragon badge in the steering wheel picy looks bigger than 44mm, you must have a very small steering wheel, looks very nice though B)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.