Baby car seat gen 7 for jack

Hi all,

My little lad is going to nursery soon so I'll be occasionally picking him up in my car.

Just wondered if anyone had experience with baby seats in the back and any recommendations for these bucket seats.

20150418_122710.JPG.jpg

Cheers jim

I use a recaro young sport for my daughter

Cheers I'll have a look.

Britax evolva 123 has been recommended before.

Have you not used anything up to now?

Not I'm my car. Just the rav4. We got a britax for here's when he moves up but I tried it in my car and it doesn't seem very y stable.

I have used this for my little girl, it fitted nicely in the back to, it's pritty comfortable and gives plenty of support has to when she used to fall asleep lol, for a added bonus it converts into a booster seat which i am using now so you save abit of money in the future aswell. [emoji3]

80733146c0674f191985dd91b71e542e.jpg

Here is a picture of it in the back, not a very good one tho lol, just for a little reference on size.

3ab5c4eeb3d52a6d8d50ff430686709e.jpg

i got standard gen 7 seats, but use the britax evolva 123, i got 3 of these seats now and its a perfect fit in the back of the gen 7.

also whats the law stat on having a front facing child seat for front passenger side?

The recaro young profi for new born, the sport for the next stage also the monza and start also fits, they also make the mclarens so they should also fit, any with a slim base should be ok.

I have a recaro young sport. It won't fit into the actual seat in the rear, but sit either resting on either side of the 'bucket' or at an angle.

Still does the job though as long as it is belted in and secured properly.

On my gen 6 i had at the time, i took the bench off and cut out the foam on either side so the carseat would fit more snug

Britax evolva 123 has been recommended before.

Have you not used anything up to now?

Agreed, that is what I used (1-2-3 plus version) in my celica and it fits in Gen 7/6/5 etc..

Great seat and fully adjustable through various ages/weights.

Fits snugly in the bucket bit of the standard seat as its not as wide as others so makes it a perfect fit.

would highly recommend :)

I have the Recaro Young Sport for my youngest never had a problem with it it does tilt back slightly due to the bucket of the seat, it also has an alarm on the buckle so if the little one manages to undo the belt it beeps to tell you its been undone

recaro-young-sport-ersatzbezug-black-sch

Edited by mjcook1984

I have a recaro young sport. It won't fit into the actual seat in the rear, but sit either resting on either side of the 'bucket' or at an angle.

Still does the job though as long as it is belted in and secured properly.

On my gen 6 i had at the time, i took the bench off and cut out the foam on either side so the carseat would fit more snug

I had my little man in a recaro young sport racer and that fitted in the gen6 with no problems iirc the gen7 has the same rear seats or slightly smaller so it should fit just push it down in to the bucket!!

Well I've finally got a sit for the little man. Went with the Recaro young sport. Did a little modification to the car to A. Make it sit a little better and B. Protect my seats in the rear from marking.

So I got some foam from work and filled in the bucket a little

IMG_20150517_115928.jpg

Next a sheet of foam to protect the seat

IMG_20150517_120145.jpg

Seated fitted. Nice and snug and matches quite well to the GT interior :)

IMG_20150517_122627.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help.

Jack is a happy little man

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.