Wrote my Celica off, probably won't be replacing it

On April Fools Day on the way to work I hit some standing water at around 50/60 mph and lost control hitting a tree and writing my car off

I was extremely lucky the airbags went off and that no body else was involved, more so than that though I had a full exhaust back box, replacement discs and pads and a strut brace loose in the back of my car, how none of them shot forward and wiped me out I'll never know but both the police and ambulance said I had been extremely lucky and must have someone watching over me (Cheers grandad!) oh and I was smoking a cigarette at the time which I found half smoked in the boot so quite lucky that didn't light the car up!

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice I've received over my ownership period, this really is a great club I've met some cool people who no doubt would've become good friends over time however I don't think I'll be replacing the Celica with another one as It's a chance to try something new so I probably won't be on here much more unless the Celica has its claws deeper into me than I think

Here are some pictures of how my car ended up, remember folks the roads have speed limits set usually for nice weather, just because you know a road like the back of your hand, don't take any chances in crap weather it simply isn't worth it

image_zpsru0vyz8l.jpg

image_zpswbdnrkjy.jpg

image_zpsjvjnhog6.jpg

Ouch.....glad you walked away from that with no injury to you, Danny.

The Celica is a hard car to give up...you may well be back.!...but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Neil

Thats the thing carlasumm, I never wanted a celica when I bought the car it was just cheap and close by, I'd go as far as to say I actually disliked the Gen 7 but as time went by I slowly started liking how it drove but still didn't really like how they look, of course now I don't have one I miss it haha and how well it protected me has made me feel like I almost owe it to the car to try another one so depending on how badly my insurance has been fooked I may try get a 190 although that might have to be next year

Sorry to hear all this, but glad you have managed to walk away unscathed! That must have been a real shock.

As Carla says, hitting a tree like that at the speed you were doing - it is surprising that the car doesn't look considerably worse and that you're not in hospital with broken bones. A lot to be thankful for...

Well the car gave up it's life for yours ;) Demodding sale or letting the Insurance Co have the whole lot?

Glad to see you're OK though, that's the important bit.

Cheers mate

The only mod that was on it was the plastidipped wheels, spoiler and bonnet scoop

I still have lowering springs, strut brace, exhaust and a few other bits including a towhook and quick release bumper fasteners so they might go in the shed in case I get another one in the future

Just going to let the insurance Co have it all and hopefully get a good payout

I told them its worth around £1700 as it had some good optional extras like satnav, upgraded factory stereo, the sunroof, factory 17s and the TTE spoiler but that is purely a guess

Thanks for the above guys, My mate has a saxo VTR and we used to go on runs together, he has traded his in since my crash after seeing how well mine held up and has bought an 11 plate Zetec S so at least he will be safer of the back of this

The more I think about it the more I well probably end up in a Tsport but I have a MK2 MR2 shaped itch I'm probably going to scratch first

• Like 2

The more I think about it the more I well probably end up in a Tsport but I have a MK2 MR2 shaped itch I'm probably going to scratch first

I confess to missing rear wheel drive but I can't think of anything that touches the all round practicality looks and fun for the money of a T Sport.

Nooo! :nono:

There aren't all that many T Sport's around, even less if Danny gets his hands on one.

Makes mine even more priceless then :)

Cheers mate

The only mod that was on it was the plastidipped wheels, spoiler and bonnet scoop

I still have lowering springs, strut brace, exhaust and a few other bits including a towhook and quick release bumper fasteners so they might go in the shed in case I get another one in the future

Just going to let the insurance Co have it all and hopefully get a good payout

I told them its worth around £1700 as it had some good optional extras like satnav, upgraded factory stereo, the sunroof, factory 17s and the TTE spoiler but that is purely a guess

Sorry to see this Danny and glad you didnt end up broken too.

Ref insurance it would be in your interest to scout around and make notes of classified adverts/prices for same age/model/spec higher end, dealer adverts etc. Forearmed could be the difference between you getting a decent price for yours or not. What you tell them its worth when take out insurance is not what they go by , oh and dont accept the first offer, it will always be lower than they are prepared to pay

Good luck with the MR2 hunting :)

Sorry to see this Danny and glad you didnt end up broken too.

Ref insurance it would be in your interest to scout around and make notes of classified adverts/prices for same age/model/spec higher end, dealer adverts etc. Forearmed could be the difference between you getting a decent price for yours or not. What you tell them its worth when take out insurance is not what they go by , oh and dont accept the first offer, it will always be lower than they are prepared to pay

Good luck with the MR2 hunting :)

Good point mate, didnt think about finding other cars for sale to back my valuation up

Just hoping my insurance doesnt go up so much that i cant get an MR2 or anything else interesting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.