Wheel nut help

Blaine

Hey guys

Ive decided to replace my alu d1 spec nuts for some steel ones

Only thing is a couple of my d1s are taking the studs out with them

Is this a easy fix or should i order some new studs?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

What you mean taking studs out? ripping them out of the hub :blink:

Or you have bolt-on spacers and studs are unscrewing from spacer? In that case screw them back in with some thread lock. Any damage to thread = new stud, seized nut is too big pain in the back side to risk it ->copper grease on studs/nuts too

I have bolt on spacers and they are unscrewing from there

Thread lock? Whats that?

Also.. how do i get the stud out of the old wheel nut? Seems jammed in pretty tight... but i had to rush a lil bit due to work

Also.. how do i get the stud out of the old wheel nut? Seems jammed in pretty tight... but i had to rush a lil bit due to work

Whel of, stud with nut back in,with thread lock, leave overnight or 8 work hours, undo nuts. New studs if they come out with studs I’m afraid.

You can use this thread lock, but stud will need some heat(~200 c) to be removed.

Ive just pmd freaky as the spacers were from him to see if he got a few spare studs i can buy

Will get some thread lock later

That fact you don't know what thread lok is would imply you did not use it.

Ali and steel are not a good mix as they react with each other.

No. Never used it before. Ye. I noticed alu n steel didnt really work together. Thats why im changing to steel nuts

if you didn't use it to apply your spacers then you could have some serious issues if your wheel falls off while driving.

Spacers are meant to be threaded in and bonded in place using Loctite.

The reason tuner nuts generaly seize onto these is because of the material that they are made of, usually quite soft as well, have a tendency to seize onto the wheels. that and the Loctite wont have helped! :lol:

Not sure what to suggest though. Probably removing it with the bolt then locking two nuts together one end and trying to take the wheel nut off that way.

Spacers been on 2 years now and never had a issue. So assuming garage that fitted them used it (fitted em for like a fiver as part of a deal i made with them lol)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.