Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
AdyGT

Anyone know this gen 6

Question

Hi all I have thought of looking at this car and had a chat with the seller http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-celica-st202-bargain/1101875842

He says it's got checkable mileage and had a hpi check when he bought it a year ago he sounds young and admits he knows not a lot on the car itself but says it's an ss11

Now I'm sure I've seen this before especially as it's got robs (likwidart )graphics all over it

Any info would be helpful

Cheers

Ady

Edited by AdyGT

20 answers to this question

that might be looneys old car

Daz thinks it was robs old one and was scrapped as it had a hit in the side as that's why the graphics are missing on one side

sure i've seen it before, could be Looneys, trying to work out the lettering on the front wing

i think that's Robs old car

Edited by arizona

Ask the seller for the V5 Document Ref number. You can then look at the MOT history back to 2006 online. That way you can check the mileage.

Dazols confirmed it had indeed been robs car and had side damage so the insurers took it he said the suspension was in need of replacing too at the time this was about 2 years ago so someone has repaired it and put it back on the road I suppose so I would as u me it's cat c registered but don't suppose it's worth the money he's asking

has it had the work done right and a VIC done? Over here we need a Vechile Identity Check when returning cat c or d to the roads

looks decent mate

has it had the work done right and a VIC done? Over here we need a Vechile Identity Check when returning cat c or d to the roads

looks decent mate

Owner states nothing came back on a hpi check when he purchased it and the dealer didn't say anything when he bought it

I am sure I fitted an airbox to this car about 18 months ago. really nice car. if the repair work has been done properly and the car drives right I wouldn't be alarmed by it

Looney that was a stunning 6, not looked at that other one at the moment as I'm not convinced it straight and its not the easiest place to get to from where I am , I've got a couple I may look at , and took a peek at the red vert that's down with beks at the moment while I was dropping the gen 4 off for welding and mot so hopefully get that back in afew days

Edited by AdyGT

Looney that was a stunning 6

indeed mate but the underneath was rotten in the end,such a shame :( and she had done 200k miles

indeed mate but the underneath was rotten in the end,such a shame :( and she had done 200k miles

For 200kmiles she looked good ,the engines are good for it but I hear the body is what to watch

them engines go forever,its just the brake lines and everything else was rotten,fuel tank also,fuel lines,everything. :(

was time to move on so i brought the gen 7 GT with just 21k miles on it last year

them engines go forever,its just the brake lines and everything else was rotten,fuel tank also,fuel lines,everything. :(

was time to move on so i brought the gen 7 GT with just 21k miles on it last year

Its a shame that happened mate but I know how you feel , sometimes you have to draw a line under how far do you go with the cars

Its a shame that happened mate but I know how you feel , sometimes you have to draw a line under how far do you go with the cars

:thumbs: yer it was either spend quite a bit on it or put that money towards a newer GT which kinda made more sense i guess in the end,gone but not forgotten!

:thumbs: yer it was either spend quite a bit on it or put that money towards a newer GT which kinda made more sense i guess in the end,gone but not forgotten!

That's what I've been thinking as over the years spend a fair bit on the old car but to get it how I want it I'd be spending a few more grand and possibly more

Looks like its an early SS3 also with superstrut and the LSD S54-06D box.

Looks like its an early SS3 also with superstrut and the LSD S54-06D box.

Buy it and ill nick the S54 off it thankyouverymuch

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy