Opinions please.

Wickie

Coil overs on a daily driver Gen 6? What do you guys think? Have to take HKS lowering springs off as they are Superstrut springs so am thinking coil overs, good or bad move?

Edited by Wickie

love mine. been able to drop but not as much as my lowering springs before, so little more particle but still look good (in my opinion). Set at 10 from soft all round, comfier than the lowering springs. never driven stock so can't comment on that.

Really happy with how they ride, and plenty of scope to firm up. Went for the stiffer springs as well of the two choices of st202s, thought mostly to help with the extra weight at the front.

I think the BCs on softer setting would be liveable on a daily basis mate plus like said you wont have to drop the car right down either.the BCs BR series have 30 clicks of adjustment.Steve at GT4Play sorted mine and he'll be able to advise on the spring rates available for what you need too

BC on mine. ST205

My mate has teins, they dangerously failed last night, lock nut on the drivers side sheared dropping that side to the floor as its job is to support the spring. I would not use tein! They dont seem as good quality having experience with both

Edited by mrGTFour
  • Like 1

What version of the BC coilovers are people running. I'm after a set for my ST202 which is my daily. So want something that is comfortable.

I have the 'BR' series from BC.I had a chat with Steve at GT4play about the spring rates and such,I went for the lower end (typically i cant remember the exact spec) of rating,with 30 clicks of adjustment ; you can go from a firm but pliable ride to a rock hard setting in seconds.Got a really good price going through him.

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers

Think i went for the 6kg spring for the front and 4 at the rear actually.You can specify right up to about 12k though but that is unnecessary for a road car IMO .

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.