Neg camber after rear shock change.UPDATE. contact from seller :(

Ok so shocks changed today on the rear and came inside new struts but the rear wheels now seem very cambered in at the top almost like a dragster....my mate who did it asked if everything looked ok and I said yes but apparently things need to settle so shall I leave it a week for things to settle?

Pic to follow.

Edited by myimportedbeast

Thing usually settle down which would make the camber more negative. Got a piccy? Does the car have lowering springs on it?

Other than Princy's suggestion, you didn't get GT4 rear shocks by mistake did you? They are a fair bit shorter than ST202 rears.

Gen 6 rear ends are fatter than gen 5, but the strut tops are in the same locations.

Therefore, fitting gen 5 rear shockers to a gen 6 will give negative camber (in at top, out at bottom).

Look at the car from behind and see if the wheels look vertical relative to each other.

Hey Chris I must have meant negative camber as it looks a little in at the top, I'm guessing there is no adjustment on the suspension tops where the 3 bolts are in the boot?

They were defo gen 6 and standard kit.... :)

Do the imports have a bit of negative camber anyway?

What suspension did you get fitted?

Hey besty, they were off eBay with the purple picture and it was complete rear struts minus spring and top mount.

Take a picture from behind with the camera low down so you can see both rear wheels relative to each other. Anything else it's easy to get an optical illusion due to the body curves.

You can normally get a little adjustment by loosening the 2 big bolts holding strut to hub and pull top of hub outwards before tightening the bolts again. You can increase this adjustment by filing the holes.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay.

Right I've just got a vertical spirit level and checked the drivers rear and the top is inwards from the bottom of the wheel by 3-4 inches yet the passenger wheel although I couldn't get to that side doesn't look half as bad maybe an inch. :/

Chris is there any adjustment in those holes you mention as when I looked at them while the car was being worked on they just seemed like normal holes?

Just my 2p but when i bought my GT it had massive negative camber, i replaced the rear control arms even to the point that i now have fully adjustable rear suspension however, in the end i found the shocks to be the culprit as the two holes that bolt the shock to the hub were the wrong offset and consequently causing the negatice camber so i would check that the shocks are correct :thumbs:

I'm guessing you mean mm not inches. Some negative camber is normat but I can't remember the spec. I expect the bgb will list it. You can probably adjust by a mm or 2 by loosening the 2 bolts holding the strut to hub.

Double check the ground is flat and level under all 4 wheels using the spirit level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.