opinion on these spacers - machined

teegt4

Hi guys. I'm selling these spacers. This isn't a for sale thread though as they've been sold but I don't want to sell anything which isn't up to the job or safe. To cut a long story short I bought them when I had my st205 from a member of the GT4OC (can I mention them on here? :lol: ). This was over 2 years ago now. At the time I just bought them and when they came I just ripped open the packet and had a quick look at them (oh yes they are defiantely spacers). Then they went back in the envelope for over 2 years as I'd sold the car a short time after.

Fast forward to now and I had them ready to send out and noticed one of the lips on the hubcentric spacer has been machined down to about 6mm. The lip on the other is 12mm.

20150129_131845_zpseaace700.jpg

Also on the rear on the same spacer the chamfered inside edge which would go onto the hub has been machined out.

20150129_132138_zps305fa0c0.jpg

This is how I got them. They interlock as they should.

20150129_132205_zps46e9ca99.jpg

So why would they machine half of the hubcentric lip off one spacer and it's chamfered inside edge? Would it be for aftermarket wheels? If so would they be okay for use with factory fit celica wheels? Also are they safe to use with a 6mm hubcentric lip, down from 12mm? Any help appreciated. :)

I'll have a check tomorrow and see if the 12mm lip on the un-machined spacer would have fit all the way in if they hadn't removed the inside chamfered edge.

It'd be interesting to know if what size lip the hubcentric spacers tend to have?? Mmmm.....

Sorry digs I didn't really answer your question. Yes both fit perfectly. The machined one fits the non machined and vice versa. Think you might be onto something too. May be they did it to turned the 2x 20mm spacers into a 40mm one. :think:

Edited by teegt4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.