Looking for a ridiculous place to fit the Beams....

celicamojo

yea it drove a few mile maybe, he just cut the celica shafts and joined them to the yaris shafts :blink: he was going to get custom st202/yaris shafts made as the front brakes were allready converted to celica brakes

I've just bought one and planning on doing the same thing!

Have you really??? beast. I had one before the celica. dropped the 4efte from a starlet into it. 140bhp in something as light as a pound coin sure hammers on. My girlfrend got one a few months ago. forgot how nippy they are.

Still say a MKII MR2 - try finding a genuine beams engined one for sale . . . . .

Ok, now you're back after that fruitless search other things to consider -

insurance, technically it's still a 3-sge engine with same capacity so only really need to update the log book to new block number. No exhorbitant premiums for über modified small shopping trolleys.

Handling - the SW20 is built to house this block so will easily still be sweet to drive once you swap it in.

Ease of the actual swap - same as handling really, it's meant to be in there so more the electrical side just needing doing rather than engine mounts, Frankenstein driveshaft / gearbox configs.

-

Just my opinion of course :thumbs:

Edited by keef-b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.