Looking for a ridiculous place to fit the Beams....

celicamojo

Various thoughts in my head currently, what is the point of spending lots of earth monies installing a Beams engine into a rusting Gen6 Shell, I can buy a fully equipped Beams one for same(ish) price....

which leaves a dilemma! where to house the Beams I have.....

Corolla been done....

What about a Yaris? may have to transfer a lot of running gear and make widebody to accomodate running gear...

personally would love to dessimate a Prius!......

I throw this open to the house for discussion!

Prius, I will go halvsies

Or a gen7 is screaming out for a mans engine

I have as caldina estate which could be a nice home for it

Anything sleeper which is why I love the Prius so much :)

That will leave you with 2 rusty gen6 and a spare 3sge engine

I am still looking for a suitable car to plop that 3sge you have of mine and corolla seems best

are we talking a proper mini or a BMW half series adaptation?

and Cleario, the Beams in discussion is a Red top, as such Front wheel drive....

Indeed it is, as was his Honda K20 (2002 civic type r)... Have a look for a company called 'zcars' they supplied his space frame for the rear of the mini. They make them for saxos too! The engine and box sits on a frame in the rear of the car.

fella here put a rev 3 3sge in a Yaris, tight enough but no clearance issues. He cut a few bit out of the chassis legs and welded brackets from the rev3 in attached to 4 mm plate. Not sure what way he done the hubs but just to get it moving the standard Yaris and 3sge shafts got butchered together :)

he drove it up and down the street a few times then striped it out and scrapped the shell the nutter. I have some pics somewhere i will find later.

the jap 4wd starlet wood be my idea with faff running gear conversion :)

When Chris (crewcutchuck) still had the engine we talked about putting it in a Gen 4.

What a good idea ;)

Could use another Beams Gen4 in the club...

Heres a good looking car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221672534155

and what it could look like in there

Strutbrace001_zps48f5c6ec.jpg

Strutbrace002_zps9f4bd7b8.jpg

Would recommend using the Beams clocks,save a LOT of wiring hassle (ask Bek)

If not I reckon a sleeper Corolla would be a good bet and not too much hassle

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.