WHAT GAUGE WIRE IS THE STANDARD POSITIVE BATTERY LEAD

Hi digs this is the breaker I was planning on http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390999688324?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=660364630113&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I know a lot of folk hesitate with sellers from China, maybe hubby is lucky when choosing as always had good service and decent goods. :)

FYI I ordered that exact item from that seller and it didn't arrive, case opened a few days ago and no response from the seller as yet!

I'm still not sure it won't arrive, as an item bought in the UK and posted on the 6th just arrived last Friday... but the lack of response isn't good :(

I got this cable and is copper throughout: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261528822971?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=560404793974&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry curious to join this thread as I need to expand my battery cables by 6" as I bought new terminals that I feel are stretching the cable and may someday pull out from the connection. Can I just use some off cuts from my sound kit to extend the cable? is it ok to use a nut and bold through the crimp connection? any help much appreciated

:o:o Jeeeeeeezus, I can't quite believe you are asking this. :o:o Sound kit wire is no where near man enough for the battery cable. Battery cables are for car batteries, Sound wire are for ICE systems.

6" of the correct cable isn't going to break the bank, Just buy the correct stuff then there is no risk of your pride & joy going up in flames with an electrical fire when you try & start your car.

FYI I ordered that exact item from that seller and it didn't arrive, case opened a few days ago and no response from the seller as yet!

I'm still not sure it won't arrive, as an item bought in the UK and posted on the 6th just arrived last Friday... but the lack of response isn't good :(

I got this cable and is copper throughout: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261528822971?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=560404793974&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry to hear about crappy seller, try this one on amazon little bit more but at least in uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boat-Battery-System-Circuit-Breaker/dp/B00H7088OQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1422577115&sr=8-14&keywords=150+amp

Dave9639 listen to monkey boy please, dont take a risk :o

Ice installations often have high power requirements, if the cable is large enough then electrons don't care what it said on the packet.

The thing that matters is that the cable is large enough to carry the required current.

If the standard cable has eyelets on the end, you can join by bolting through to another eyelet, but make sure the whole lot is well insulated and cannot chafe on nearby bodywork. Bodgit tape can wear through quite easily.

:o:o Jeeeeeeezus, I can't quite believe you are asking this. :o:o Sound kit wire is no where near man enough for the battery cable. Battery cables are for car batteries, Sound wire are for ICE systems.

6" of the correct cable isn't going to break the bank, Just buy the correct stuff then there is no risk of your pride & joy going up in flames with an electrical fire when you try & start your car.

think he is on about using the amp wire as in 4gauge +/-. if this is the case and as long as the wire is no thinner than the thickest wire connected to the battery then it will be fine over a length of 6" or so. (make sure the wire is rated for, as said above around the 125amp range)

for joining the 2 wires together again nothing thinner than the wire its self. so if using a bolt then it will have to be big (like m10 or m12). but the main problem here is making sure that how ever you join it it is insulated from earthing out on any thing.

Sorry to hear about crappy seller, try this one on amazon little bit more but at least in uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boat-Battery-System-Circuit-Breaker/dp/B00H7088OQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1422577115&sr=8-14&keywords=150+amp

My original order arrived today, had already ordered another bigger one from that seller on Amazon as 100A turned out to be too small (another guy already tried with 100A...) so I can let you know how good that seller is too :P I think he may be a UK seller but the goods come from China looking at the delivery date.

If you are looking to extend cables, see how practical it is to replace... I've just had to extend my alternator cable by <10", but for the £7 of cable I will be replacing the lot...

I used 0awg on my last car to relocate the battery to the boot with a fuse just off the battery. Earth I was always lead to believe shorter the better. As long as it the best earth you can find. I had a cut off on the power cable behind the driver kick panel. It could be removed in a second and isolated.

I drilled a hole through the floor and 13mm nut and bolted grinding away the paint to metal inside the boot.

As for amp wiring not being good enough I don't see why not?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.