Basic Coil Over Question BC Coilovers

digs

Hey guys -

just about to install BC coilovers, slightly confused on the instructions.

Should there be a minimum of 8cm of strut INSIDE the lower sleeve ? The instructions are not that clear!

cheers :)

haha i did the same with with mine mate, had to sit and wind them back down 1 turn at a time... but at least you get to have it set where you want it now :P

Edit: next thing is you will look at it once you drop it down and start thinking maybe just a little lower lol

Edited by Danny9116

the 8cm is reffering to how much thread is left in the lower mounts, only an issue if the car is going to be set with a VERY high ride height ;)

To lower the car's ride height with the units fitted, raise the car, insert H & S blurb, loosen the bottom locking ring and twist the units by hand to the desired amount, tighten bottom locking ring back up.

It can take a a while to set up as you want them and level all round ;)

Thanks, yup getting there :) kinda just a little lower than stock at the moment at the front, will leave to settle then revist, so just backs to do :) Can see the temptation to keep dropping now lol!

Bek did moan about the clearance when doing the gearbox.....

(on which note I am still sure he didn't get enough from me but hasn't answered back since he did it as was trying to sort out if it was! - too nice for his own good :D )

Ok, tracking question - need to get these aligned but wanted to wait a couple of weeks to see exactly what height to end up at before doing so - apart from tyre wear nothing bad is going to happen if I wait ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.