Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

I suppose I have plenty of time to think and make my mind up as I'm busy on doin other things first this month I'm fittin my sub and accident camera led boot strip, next month be some lowering springs and spacers, after that custom exhaust. I originally thought c one lip trd skirts trd rear valance and either gt spoiler or JDM. (On old one.) But now I really want spats and sports m spoiler but can't decide on the skirts and front! But I defo want the spoiler and spats, and not about a c one lip again as it was too low for every day use!

back on topic ;) i,m 51 and have a faff and a very slightly modified mr2 turbo :rolleyes: am in the water blasting business, just dont ask me to wash your car as it will end up cut in half :lol: also do all forms of shot blasting so it,s easy to keep things sorted on the cars. anyhow must be off i,ve got a ship to spray next.

My name is Chris and the wrong side of 50 and I am addicted to gen 6 Celica Convertibles, I was "clean" for seven years but relapsed last year and have had three since.

Unfortunately my addiction also means I buy totally impractical cars just to annoy the wife, it's the only pleasure that's not been cut off. Thats not to say she does not moan about it and she says things like why have you got three cars, to which I answer, because there is no room on the drive for four. :)

I will keep taking the medication and this time next year I hope to be Celica free.

By the way I am not a hairdresser :)

Edited by Fujifilm
  • Like 2

My name is Chris and the wrong side of 50 and I am addicted to gen 6 Celica Convertibles, I was "clean" for seven years but relapsed last year and have had three since.

Unfortunately my addiction also means I buy totally impractical cars just to annoy the wife, it's the only pleasure that's not been cut off. Thats not to say she does not moan about it and she says things like why have you got three cars, to which I answer, because there is no room on the drive for four. :)

I will keep taking the medication and this time next year I hope to be Celica free.

By the way I am not a hairdresser :)

Despite your intention and medication Chris, I suspect you will never be truly Celica-free..!! :rolleyes:

I think it's simply gone too far and you are a hopeless addict....it is only a matter of time before the "hairdresser" element seems quite attractive.! :drool:

I have a Gen 7...because I'm worth it.! :laugh2:

Neil

Edited by RUToyota
  • Like 2

I was expecting a more clear cut 'average' I have to say but the depth of members on here is awesome!!

Just proves what a good all round car it is, Danny...it obviously appeals to all kinds of peeps irrelevant of age, gender, profession..but for those who want something different, and more fulfilling to drive, from the run of the mill euro-boxes.!

Neil

Ok then. Are you sitting comfortably? :think:

Whilst sitting "On hold" for another wasted part of my life I have penned a definition of the average owner as follows:

"A thoroughly amiable eclectic (n) of indeterminate age & gender forming one part of an exceptionally diverse socio-economic, genetic, religious,and ethnic multi-generational single model, car club"

Otherwise if you actually try to roll the characteristics into one person then depending on whether you you use a mean or modal example you could too easily end up with a hermaphrodite :unsure: 40 year old hairdresser from Essex.

If we do have one person achieving all those characteristics I am sure, he, she, it would also be thoroughly amiable :) it is not a personal aspiration of mine to acheive that precise status.

Can I go now?

Heey :) I'm 22 and already on my second celica! Hehe first one got paint damage and wrote off before I could drive it so that one went. And I've had my darling pain in the ass jello (gen 5 20th anniversary) since June! Still a Learner Btw! Got my test booked soon! But it doesn't stop me modding her and planning the next big thing :) I work in the lovely area of retail :/ supervisor at farmfoods!

Back onto celicas :) my next plan after this one is to get a gen five vert :) I just love the poppy uppy lights :) hehe

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.