Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

Round our way it's Middle aged ladies driving bog standard silver or lagoon blue 140's that they have had for years and years

BTW I work in HR :lol;

Work in HR too :D (Reward). And 90% of the time if I see a Gen 7 it's pretty much as above!!

And never see enough Gen6s to see the demographic! I'm 40, deep in arrested development, and enjoy very much the driving of the silly car :) And never modded nothing till I got her :)

• Like 1

Im 22.. Work as Technical Lead for an internal IT support team. Iv wanted a Gen 7 since i first rode in a friends when i was 18 and finally in August I came across the car I wanted at bought it an hour later. every day i look at the car and think how great it looks and always get a comment from the guys in the office when they see it parked up or driving in town which makes me proud to own it. Now i feel i may be catching the modding bug and looking forward to making the car my own.

P.S. also worth mentioning how much i enjoy this forum, such a great community and full of people passionate for cars and driving!

Cheers,

Danny

• Like 5

This thread will probably fall flat on its arse but here we go

So I've had my celica Gen 7 for a number of months now and have seen quite a wide range of people driving them, this interests me as I think most cars have an almost predefined customer/owner, for example if I see a Micra I think ahh old woman or takeaway driver and usually I am right

This is what I think the average Gen 7 owner is like based on the people I have seen driving them: middle aged, quite well presented, probably quite interested in cars but more how they look than anything else, I think they would work in an office environment just below middle management maybe HR or sales/tech support and probably never goes near the redline, is happy to tell friends/colleagues how sporty their car is but have never driven it in such a way to find out or get the most from it.

In fact apart from JAE I don't think I've seen anyone under about 35 driving a Celica in the wild?

Now I know there are obviously some exceptions to the rule on here (most of us in fact) but It'd be interesting to see what demographic of owners we have on here:

I'll start

I'm 24, have loved cars since I was about 9, I work in an office providing service delivery and pre sales to a number of UK based and international customers on bespoke mobile technology

You can add another tick next to your name I'm exactly the same, loved cars since I could remember 24, work in a hospital as an office teamleader, love the sporty look of mine not overly fussed about the power,

One positive so far from this topic is, not one hairdresser as of yet, that's one for the Gen5/6 boys to consider (now watch them come out of the woodwork)

If I had to do a 'what I think a gen 6 owner is'

It would be as follows:

Female

They are not a manly looking car and I never seem to see blokes driving them (seen maybe 2 or 3 driven by blokes) 2 of those were mates

Don't know what the average is but i'm 47 and have a number of celica's

A gen 4 vert

A gen 4 gt4 165

A gen 5 st182 gtr import

And finally a gen 7 190

enjoy driving all of them but gets most enjoyment from the gt4 when she behaves her self long enough to drive lol

Bought my first celica when I was 19, a big step up from a 1l 3 banger corsa. For what they are they look awesome, are cheap to buy, Insure and fix, they are reliable too. You'd be surprised at 19 the amount of people who say 'you are insured on that? Isn't it really expensive?

Stripped out Sports M is quicker than a fair amount of other cars but it's not fast fast, just enjoyable to drive.

Then again I love cars, tinker with them all the time on the look out for my next project something turbo rwd/4wd next.

Currently install ICE systems for the main part of my job.

Haha this is great, Most Celica's I see are driven by older people no matter which gen.

Have seen a few Gen 7's driven by young lads and a few more driven by young ladies ...... possibly hairdressers !

I am 28, Manage an underfloor heating team for a massive plastic company.

I have a silly Gen 6 that people are always asking me ''Why have you done that? '' or ''Why don't you have a sensible car?''

Always modded my cars. Earlier ones where just show as I was to broke for engine builds etc. Later few have been more about go than show.

I bought my celica as my friend had one and it was great! Nippy but not silly and FWD for an easy to work on daily driver. Anything was more practical than my old alfa V6 which returned around 30 miles from £10 . . . so with moving to my current job decided to get a jap car that was reasonable practical and fun to drive.

Have really fallen for my old Toyota now but, do plan to get a beams import next year as for a daily I think a Faff is to much hassle.

Edit - My car sees the redline a lot ! Love powering out of corners or on slip roads on to motorways etc. Ofc I never exceed the 40mph in my local forests :D

Edited by BenjaminAnderson

forgot to say, i drive dumpers and diggers and all sort of heavy machinery, Rastafarian belief and i like to go out dressed as kate moss most weekends ;)

Nice one. SKINY.. :laugh2: ..brave admission.

I have Pagan/Wican beliefs and like to go out dressed as Stirling Moss most weekends. ;)

Neil

• Like 1

I'm 26 purchased the Celica after having boring euro hatchs with cheap insurance. Also the new car that I purchased wouldnt stop leaking so a rejection of that lead to a full refund which at £2500 I found the Celica the best value. Work as a department team leader for a printing company so no office for me.

Very rarely go near redline as its a 140 but occasionally give it a heavy right foot upto 5-6000rpm for the awesome sound the stock exhaust gives (Could do with a bit more low down sound).

I'm seeing a few "camps" emerging here and it looks like I'll straddle both.

32 and work in tech for a bank as a project manager.

I got my gen 7 a 3 years ago and ran it for 18 months, now driving a diesel estate as I have a kid and dog.

However, as soon as said kid can get in and out of a gen 7 on his own I'm getting another.

So I'll fall into the late 20s wanting something cool looking and quick ish, and hopefully also into the mid 30s returning to cool cars after a few years of boring family estate cars

26, work in a TV studio, very presentable, listens to light hearted music, never been drunk and hate night clubs.

But then again, put me in the 7 on some good roads and you'll see a completely different side of me :lol:

It's great to see such a diverse crowd for the Celica though - shows that Toyota nailed the target audience.

• Like 1

I'd expect a wide variety because the celica range spans many years and many models from pretty tame low end 1.8 through to GT4 and gen 7 190.

Motorsport lovers like me are attracted to the GT4 for the turbo 4wd and the rally heritage. TBH the other models have no appeal other than workhorse transport as I'm not a fan of front wheel drive.

As far as my vital statistics - nearly 50, electronic / software design engineer. Run several businesses so everything from upper management down to tea boy - yes I do make the tea for staff :D

I'm 59, ex BT and MOD comms techie, now semi retired and getting pensions from both. Had car nearly 6 years now and still love it. I'm now working as a driver for a large SE motor factors (Not ECP!) and having fun tearing the arse out of my 'cost price - staff discount' on new parts for it whenever possible.

After my pride and joy my Astra (aka dis-Astra) coupe. Started out as a 1.8 basic coupe, got carried away spend thousands making it turbo charged,looking and sounding right only to be rear ended on a motorway slip road by a company car driving idiot using the sun in his eyes as the excuse. I was hard broken and thousands of pounds down the drain.

I was on my way to put a deposit on an astra VXR and had my hair cut on the way. Had a chat as you do and he had a Celica for sale, handed him the money from my pocket and drove the Celica home. 60.000 miles later I'm still enjoying it. I can't help but to feel I need something bigger now.

I'm a 25 year old senior tech for Volvo cars, cars have been part of me since a baby, dad was a 'auto electrician' back then so I spend 99% of my life in garages. I used the car to drive from Cardiff to Swansea 4/5 times a week to see the other half, 2 trips to Paris and it's never once let me down. I can be presentable but I'm generally dirty from work or muddy after being out on the MTB.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.