Who is the average Celica Owner?

DannyScene

... and those of you with Gen 7s seem to have a varied choice of mods you can opt for to give it your own style. You only have to look at all the Gen 7s arriving at the Cheltenham meet last month to see a bit of variety. Plus a few earlier Gens of course.

Edited by CheltGirl
  • Like 4

I nearly added that too! It's great to see so many people of all ages being involved. At our meet, ages ranged from a toddler to OAPs ...
I'm boarding a plane, so bye for now!

Topic bumped for any Newbies who would like to add to the thread...

Edited by CheltGirl

• 3 months later...

Im 28 and drive a forklift in a busy warehouse.

I've had loads of jap cars in the past including 2 Impreza wrx's, a legacy b4 rsk and a Mitsubishi 3000gt.

Im married and we have an 8 month old boy. When we found out we were expecting, we went out and bought a nearly new meriva to carry out family duties. I wanted to buy a second car to get me to work and back (5 mile round trip) and just to have something to tinker with.

So I ended up with my Celica. And I love it! I love the way it looks and drives and I'm enjoying owning it as much as the other, more powerful cars ive had.

Seems to vary a lot round my way. I only ever see Gen 7s in my neck of the woods oddly, and seems 50% are driven by older men, whereas the other 50% by younger lads like myself (I'm 22). I mostly see standard ones, with 1 or 2 modified ones about. Very rarely, if ever see a woman driving one.

• 4 months later...

I'm 52 and I love my Celica your never to old to play with cars I have had a few MR2s in the past that I kitted up and put in a few shows and taken a few places I have all ways loved to mod cars in my younger days and that was not to long ago I wish anyway I have had a few younger Asian look at my Celica and ask if I am selling it we all know what the answer was.also over the last few months I have noticed a lot of Gen 7s popping up around where I live with a few older gents driving them.

Edited by brig

• 7 months later...

In answer to your question, someone that couldn't afford a Supra.  I went there ;-)  (Waiting for the tide of butt hurt).

In all seriousness they are all so different.  Gen 7s seem to attract the younger lot, Gen 1s the rich lot, GT4s WRC fans and then all of the old Gran Turismo fanboys from the 90's with Gen 6s. (Look at me stereotype)!

I'm 27, work for a video games company and should probably "fit" into the Gen 7 category, though I listen to Phil Collins and think I'm Crockett from Miami Vice in my Gen 5, so...

What I really like about the club is the variety of backgrounds and interests without your usual amount of dick swinging. 

32 minutes ago, Spaff said:

I'm an out of shape 21 year old manager in telecoms.... drive a gen 7 - surprise?! :lol: 

Mate, these cars look best with a bit of a paunch.  Gold medallions work as well.  And chest hair.

For the male owners, of course.

• Like 1

Well paunch I have (a small one, greatly reduced since the chest hair was removed) no chest hair (all got shaved of for the quintuple bypass, and hasn't grew back yet) and cant afford gold medallions. Def not in the Gen 1 class.

So old, me mortgage will be cleared in 4 years, then I can really afford to get some mods done.

(And for them Googling Quintuple, its 5)

• Like 1

I wonder what percentage of the club are female members? I'm glad Askari's only expecting the male owners to have chest hair!

I know we have quite a few female owners of Gen 5, 6 and 7 - do we have any Gen 1 - 4 female owners?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.