suede steering wheel

DanH

I am thinking lately to replace my steering wheel with a suede deep dish one.

Can you recommend one that its not too expensive and also is good quality?

I was also thinking to go for snap-off boss but I don't know if it's worth it...

I've had/got both. suede is lovely when its brand new but gets really slippery when its worn. mine wore out in 8 months and that was from weekend driving so not sure what it would be like for everyday driving. I had a Kode racing one and replaced it for a Nardi from a MX5 and if far better IMO. snap-off boss wise I have a NRG boss fitting at the moment. if you like touching the stalks with your fingers then deepdish and a snap off are a bad combo. Its great if you do track days or even have bucketseats fitted and its a bit tight to get in and out the car. and plus the cool factor at shows :)

other than that they are a pain in the arse. if Mr police man pulls you over with one you'll get nailed, cant have them on for MOTs and the horns are a pain to get working properly. That saying i wouldn't take it off now.

BE WARNED!! avoid the unbranded ebay bosses. they are utter shit. anything over 60mph your sterring wheel is all over the place. if you are going to put one on, do it right and spent some money on it. NRG and D1 are pretty good

this is my snap off boss when before i fitted it.

celica19_zpsfe639423.jpg

• Like 2

Why is a snap off boss an mot fail? Mine went through with one no problem

because you can take it off while driving lol. its meant to be fixed.

OH and Dan your hand will go black when its new!

because you can take it off while driving lol. its meant to be fixed.

OH and Dan your hand will go black when its new!

I almost don't want one now lol

I think I'll stick to my OEM red stitched one

• 3 weeks later...

i second the "dont ebay it" senitment. i had to do some simple but irritatingly ugly rewiring as a result of my boss kit not being built to standard in every sense of that phrase. as with everything, dont skimp :)

Kode Deep dish leather on mine,

20140905_134907_zpsivtnvq5j.jpg

easy enough to wire in, resistor for airbag,

pic when fitted but still wiring up. Ebay fixed boss.

20140912_184629_zpsfpbeg9tc.jpg

quality of Kode is excellent and a good price, driving with wheel is so much better imo than standard, defo a good mod and looks good too.

Edited by Trebor4460
  • Like 1

Airbags are pretty important, whilst some of the above look nice in a head on of rather have the airbag !

Personell choice on the airbags I spose.. If you inclined to worry bout things like that then yep, best steer clear of dished wheels.. Me, I ride motorcycles, last thing I worry bout is if an airbag is fitted..:D Edited by Trebor4460

Fitting an aftermarket wheel has been one of THE best changes I've made, there's nothing to mull over mate just do it. They completely transform the drive & steering feel.

Not a fan of the dished look myself so opted for an adjustable extension.

320mm wheel in grey alc with red stitch....

IMAG0201_zpsd1c031cf.jpg

IMAG0202_zps4b06e716.jpg

Edited by J03
  • Like 1

Nice steering Jo3 but what's with the Gear knob?

Better gear shifting, I hated the low short shift it spoiled the drive. I have a custom kit still to fit that will reduce throw, hopefully get it fitted soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.